• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lock your inventory

HaTeMe

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
There should an option for locking your inventory so you cant pick up any weapons by accident. Too many times my games been ruined simply because I accidently walked on a second Handcannon losing all my ammo, picked up extra weapons on a same slot making it akward to switch beetween them or simply walked on a "better" weapon which autoswitched while trying to kill a raged scrake.

The best way would be binding it on a button so you can quickly unlock/lock your inventory so if needed you can still pick stuff up.
(or simply press USE button to pick up weapons)

Perhaps someone can whip up a mutator?

Last edited:
As a little kiddy, you've all played Halo to some extent right?
Be it a few minutes at a friends, whatever.

Now, you know how they have a popup that says "press e to pick up" when you walk over a gun? I believe that would work quite well here.

A good player would have had experience with this, and can time their button press so that there's really no difference between auto-pickup and manual.

Upvote 0
happened the other day. teammate died, dropped scar. i accidentally walk over and pick up scar, before i can drop it, fp rush in and ripped me a new...

needless to say i wasted my friends scar. he probably hates me.

press "use" to pick up weapon sounds like a winner to me :D

Yeah thats another annoying issue.

Also sometimes when Im medic and have a very light weight loadout, I keep accidently picking up teammates backup weapons sometimes even without noticing it and that can also lead to a wipe if SS or Support runs out of ammo and cant find his crossbow/shotgun anymore. Even worse if Im trying to heal and end up with a crossbow instead...

Upvote 0
TWI, please put this suggestion into effect. I hate it when I play commando, all I have is an AK47, and then I pick up a LAR which makes it awkward to switch back to my AK. Or worse, when I'm a medic, and I keep accidentally picking up teammates' guns.

Also, I wouldn't mind if the game put your perked weapons to the front of your inventory so you select those first before off-perk weapons.

Upvote 0