• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Localization

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
Will this game be translated since release?

I know for a fact, that for some reason that I can't comprehend, the majority of people in my country refuses to buy anything that does not come in Spanish.

I wouldn't want you to overlook this detail, because, I think that the lack of translation could hurt your sales a lot, in weird countries like mine.

Well localization is a threatening word to me. Localization meant that the Wehrmacht was renamed to Germans in CoD:WaW. Localization means that game essentials such as gore and violence for Unreal Tournament are taken away. Localization means different dub and eventually a different story is told or words are spelled in a horrible way such as Translocator, in the German version it's with "k" making it Translokator. It yet hurts just to write it that way! :mad:
It's fine that different language versions are coming out but please please give us the chance to have the original english version available too. If you can not save everything like gore please save at least the language.

Reactions: Brozex
Upvote 0
It's fine that different language versions are coming out but please please give us the chance to have the original english version available too. If you can not save everything like gore please save at least the language.

Since it's run through Steam, you should be able to at least change the languages to and from English even if you have the censored version.

Upvote 0
Cut or uncut does not depend on the translation, it depends on your government. You could get the censored version even without a translation.

Also, not respecting names is a problem with bad translators.

I take this opportunity to shamelessly offer myself to translate to spanish any text TWI wants to give me, in exchange for a free copy of HOES :troll:

Upvote 0
I was in Spain on vacation awhile ago and hell, everything is dubbed , all movies you see , all international programs etc, everything they speak Spanish, not Spanish subtitles but Spanish language.. i wouldn't stand such stuff if that occurred over here in Sweden.

If the game voices and or a movie etc is/was dubbed into Swedish i'd get the international version , i just can't stand poorly added voices that are out of sync and immersion... for me it destroys the entire game/movie.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
I was in Spain on vacation awhile ago and hell, everything is dubbed , all movies you see , all international programs etc, everything they speak Spanish, not Spanish subtitles but Spanish language.. i wouldn't stand such stuff if that occurred over here in Sweden.

If the game voices and or a movie etc is/was dubbed into Swedish i'd get the international version , i just can't stand poorly added voices that are out of sync and immersion... for me it destroys the entire game/movie.

Definitely I much prefer watching films with subtitles than some crappy dubbing.

Upvote 0

And thats the reason most people is so dumb here, that so few people understands english. Because they never had to try (even though english is a basic subject in school). And its also the reason why they refuse to buy anything that is not in spanish. This self centered nationalist mentality makes me sick.

I never go to the theaters or watch TV broadcasts, I stick to the Internet or imports. I even install all games in english even if there is the option to install them in spanish (not even the texts only, because I know how lightly some people here like to take their jobs)

Oh, and the dubs need to die, no matter what language is, the voices should always remain original. (Oh, I'm so glad they had the option to keep the japanese voices in Valkyria Chronicles for PS3)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
Dubbing is indeed evil. Sure it wasn't easy as a little kid to play games all in English but you learn really fast, especially once you start the english education in school.

Ok for movies for kids, but not games. At least when games are in english you really learn something while gaming :D.

True, lack of dubbing / translation really helped me learn English as a kid. I grew up with TV-shows like The A-Team and McGyver and cartoons like Merrie Melodies (best cartoons evar). Plus, I've been playing games since I was about 5 or 6 years old, so by the time we learned English in high school I was already pretty damn good at it. Then later on I played in Battle for Europe: Red Orchestra, which improved my verbal English. I'm not fluent but pretty good at it, as most people in my country are.

I'm guessing that the number of people skilled in the English language is much higher in non-dub countries.

Upvote 0