• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design List of issues that I

@LiquidArrow

I just went and gave your suggestion a try, but unfortunately no luck.:(
In my specific case I need a zed to jump about one full body height straight up to a ledge. I am also unable to to use any sort of ramp/blocking volume as it would interfere with game play.
I know its a little specific but there isn't much else I can do :confused:

One slightly awkward solution that works is to make a KFPawnBlockingVolume shaped as a ramp or stairs, and set it to only block monsters and not players. That way the player will never notice it is there and will walk right through, but the zeds can walk on it.

The awkward part is that depending on the surrounding terrain, you might see zeds "air walking" on the invisible volume. So it's not the prettiest solution, but it does work.

I realize you said you can't use blocking volume as it interferes, but I am assuming you were not aware that KFPawnblockvolume lets you disable player collision (which can't be done with normal blocking volumes to my knowledge). If I am wrong in that assumption then I apologize :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
#1 KfDoorActor (Properties) -> KFDoorActor->MeshAttachments-> (Make sure you have bones on your door (has to be a skeletal)DoorLeft . DoorRight ) And put those in DoorLeft Door Right

NEXT: Make sure you have animations made for you door, OR Set up your door EXACTLY as the default door And then in the skeletal mesh component, add all info in there.

To get an example of a door anims, look in the content browser for ENV_Doors_Base and look at the animations and such. (Door Base Animation)

#2 Use a toggle action then hook it up to the volume.

#3 Jumppad That is set up so it looks like a jump not a flying in the air.

I would go into more details, but i dont feel like writing a tutorial. I hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
#2 Use a toggle action then hook it up to the volume.

This doesn't work with the KF Spawner volumes and I am sorry for not telling how to do this KillMaster lol.

So TW have those spawners that spawn through the vents. Well you can actually just use those to spawn zeds with a trigger volume. I did this with my HotelMaps so if anyone tried to camp in an obvious area I would bombard them with zeds when they were in that volume.

Upvote 0