• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lever Action Rifle

My logic was simply based on the fact that I'd rather have a British SMLE than an American Lever-Action in a zombie game in Britain. I've seen lever-actions done before - I want something a bit different. If it meant changing the mechanics to reloading after five rounds, so be it. You'd hold 10 rounds instead of 8 and it'd make more sense for an appearance rather than the lever-action.

Rurik you're talking to a bunch of guys who just got done fighting in the Eastern Front for 4+ years. We're tired of bolties.

I've not seen lever actions done before either, they're a neglected weapon type.

Upvote 0
I would love to see a bolt action rifle as well, I think it would be a great addition and a good high end weapon for the sharpshooter. I just do not think it should be at the expense of a weapon which is already in the game (that's the real kicker), has an important place in a persons load out, and which is liked by a good many people.
On another note, I really don't like the idea of including a "sniper" rifle. Any bolt action rifle would be ok, but not something ridiculous like a magnum firing or .50 cal gun. I also dont really think it should have a scope, just to keep the crossbow relevant to the game.

-Its...

Upvote 0
the crossbow is relevant because it pierces, therefore another gun with a scope would not make it redundant. Anyway, I would like to see a .303 Lee Enfield bolt-action, or possibly the later repeating version...a small 5 or 6 round clip but significant power would make this rifle a great alternative to the crossbow at later waves. Perhaps alt-fire could switch between iron sights and a low magnification (1.5x) sight, but personally I think iron sights are more than adequate. The Lever action would still have its place as a superb trash killer, with its large magazine.

Upvote 0