• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leningrad MAP - Loved it

This map honestly is my favourite, it rivals the fun I had on RO-Berlin in the UT2004 mod version of the game.

The most fun thing I have probably have is when I manage to score Combat Engineer on the soviet side, I run around the tunnels, ambushing every tank with my Satchel Charges, and I do a decent amount of damage with my PaPaSha too.

Upvote 0
Well, this thread was a nice surprise! :D I'm glad most people are still enjoying the map after all this time. Thanks for the comments! :cool:

Everything was done by myself except for;

- Tank skin winterizing by Welt.
- Outdoor lighting overhaul by SasQuatch during the polishing phase after the map contest.
- Water and ice chunk textures by Nestor.

Some additional tidbits and map info:

- Over 1 year in the making (although this includes learning to model, texture, and learn ROEd).
- 1:1 scale of a section of the real Nevsky Prospect in Leningrad.
- All building facades created from real photos of the current buildings (most are unchanged since the war).
- No fighting ever took place within the city itself but Hitler did have detailed plans to invade the city (Operation Nordlicht) so I decided to do a 'what if' scenario based on this information.
- Over 150 custom static meshes/textures made specifically for the map.
- An estimated 1 million people died as a result of the 900-day siege, most from starvation, disease and exposure.
- This is only my second publicly released map for any game (first was Wisla River for the RO mod).
- I've seen 3 rounds in a row all end within the last 20 seconds.
- There is an easter egg. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- There is an easter egg. ;)

Nananana nana BATMAN :D

iamthenight-Batman-Bat-Signal-CEL.jpg

Upvote 0
TWB 24/7 Lenny.....brilliant idea (well, at least for 2-3 months)

I am a huge fan of this (and most Combined Arms maps) and was involved in an epic struggle last nite against the invading Huns. I was a soviet sniper and the game was right down to the wire.

...and Woppy the Clown...if you are reading this...I owe you a couple of 3rd eyeballs in the middle of your forehead. That German sniper owned me last nite.

Upvote 0
This is my favorite map as well by far, the urban combat is perfect with a few armor units thrown in for good measure. I love fighting in the sewers and to me that seems like one of the keys for the Soviet defense is to get 4 guys in the sewers defending while the rest stay in the AT-Gun and Searchlight cap zones. It is brilliantly modeled with the cable cars in the thick snow with broken cables hanging overhead outside. The details inside the buildings and several floors, nothing seems barren and boring and the chilling sound of that dreadful wind is very immersive. It is not just a pretty map but also a well designed one at that. It seems huge while in reality it is not, the map puts its space to very good use. There as so many places where those Soviet and German infantry can hide or come from which adds to the edginess of the combat. Also the KV-1S seems to match up perfectly against the PZIIIF or H and the PZIVD.

Salute DrGuppy, Looking forward to your future designs.

Upvote 0