• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Legs anyone?

I dont see how being able to see your legs should block your view in any way tbh.
I've played several games having this feature, and that never happened to me in any of them.
You only see them if you look down, which is not something you do in a combat situation.
Next to that, even if you take a kneel you still look 'up' towards the enemy and not down at your feet.
The only way to block your view would be sitting on your butt with your knees up in front of you, which isnt something i imagine would be in the game :p
Otherwise legs would never be in your view.

Which means I wont be able to go into the fetal position and still see my enemy :(

Upvote 0
Just bumping this to wonder if anything official has been said yet if we will be able to see our legs or not. I think this is a important feature in terms of immersion and considering one of ROs biggest features about it is how immersive it is then I would think the seeing your legs would just add to it.

Also wondering because we have just learned that BF3 has added this feature and it's funny because BF3 is almost the complete opposite of RO where it's not really focused on realism or immersion and I doubt the majority of their fanbase would even care about this feature.

So I'm just looking for an official word on this, thanks. Or if one has already been said somewhere can someone point me towards it.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I believe you can.

From one of the last gameplay videos, (the one where he uses the mounted MG34) when he ducked behind cover he glitched his own body a bit, so I believe you'll be able to see it.

Was this the first part of the GDC 11 footage on Fallen Heroes?

Thanks though, I'll remain optimistic about it, does anyone also know if maybe Alan would answer it if I sent him a PM on the forums?

Upvote 0
Was this the first part of the GDC 11 footage on Fallen Heroes?

Yes, that one.

Thanks though, I'll remain optimistic about it, does anyone also know if maybe Alan would answer it if I sent him a PM on the forums?

I don't think devs answer PMs, but if they were ready to confirm anything they would just post it in this thread, as they've done in other threads before (or answer to the press). One good thing about TWI is that they keep an eye on the forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, that one.

I don't think devs answer PMs, but if they were ready to confirm anything they would just post it in this thread, as they've done in other threads before (or answer to the press). One good thing about TWI is that they keep an eye on the forums.

Yep I see where he kind of glitches, so it may be entirely possible we will be able to see our legs, awesome.

True that they watch the forums, I hope they take notice and we get a confirmation.

I also just remembered the TWB guys got to play RO2 correct?, I'm going to go on their server and see if i can get an answer from them.

Upvote 0
Personally, legs for the sake of legs don't do anything for me.
In the tanks, working the controls....maybe. But they never move in sync with my thought or movement. At least they never did in any of the cockpit environments I've played in. Always felt like I was outside my body looking in.....

And suppose I look down and in my minds eye I've got my right foot forward and I see my left. Or I'm crouched on my left knee and look down but I'm on my right knee..... No one else has a problem with that? Where is the "immersion" in that? After a time of playing, through my own imagination, I already have in my head how my 'avatar' is behaving. Must I toss out my imagination (which is much more real to me) for the imagination of the animator?

But go ahead and put them in there. I don't think it will really bother me. Hopefully as in real life, I'll not have to pay them any mind (Other than to perhaps tell if I;ve got my legs out past my cover. After a while you learn that anyway.) But for the life of me, I don't see how having body parts in an FPS by default creates "immersion".

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0