• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Last patch killed my fps wich was already bad

6970 2gb. 3.5ghz Intel i-760 quad core. 4gb DDR3.

I've had lots of problems with stuttering & nasty slowdowns, playing on lower settings etc. The sep 21 patch (and a manual tweak to pool size to 640 in the .ini file) and it runs better than I ever expected, on most things ultra & goodies turned on. Shadows medium and foilage low. 1920x1200. It probably literally does not go below 58fps and feels usually totally solid even with 64 players. I'm highly sensitive to inconsistant framerates and all that.

Upvote 0
Nothing in the current patch should have removed frames beyond the potential sound fix we put in.

And we rolled that back out. I strongly suggest fresh .ini files incase something is lingering around that should not be.
I suspect its the same thing that causes the famous UE3 mouse lag in the patch. My FPS is better but I require double FPS to get my mouse responsive, so that performance optimization is backfiring and is making the game less fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's strange how people can have all these issues with FPS. With all the patches and changes I've had from the beta, I've never had an issue running the game on Max everything with 60+ fps.

Running a i5 2500k with an Asus Z68 V-PRO Mobo, MSI Geforce 580GTX Lightning, 8gb Corsair Vengeance Ram, OCZ SSD and a Samsung Spinpoint F3. *shrugs*.....Guess I'm lucky?

Upvote 0