• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KV-2 with dark turret

Recently I've put a KV-2 tank into my map. Ingame the tank had a very dark almost black turret. All other hull seemed to be lightened well. Where's the problem here?
shot00063j.jpg

Last edited:
My lazy guess...

Try checking the Factory Properties > Display. Make sure there is nothing amiss there. Compare it with the settings of the other KV-2 vehicle factories.

I don't think the Factory would have any bearing on the lighting of the spawned vehicle.

although I'm a bit of a loss..

BSP hole causing a 'Star Destoryer' pattern lighting is the only thing I can remotely think of.. unless the lighting properties of the KV2 Cannon / Cannon-Pawn are set to be dark like that. .

If you move the KV2, does it go back to being lit correctly?

Upvote 0
I don't think the Factory would have any bearing on the lighting of the spawned vehicle.

BSP hole causing a 'Star Destoryer' pattern lighting is the only thing I can remotely think of.. unless the lighting properties of the KV2 Cannon / Cannon-Pawn are set to be dark like that. .

I had at some point in the distant past played around with the factory settings on various tanks. Mostly the Display > Skins and saw all sorts of weird things occur to my tanks. Try it -- you'll see what I mean...

Upvote 0

Hmmm...guess I have to eat my words. I think UncleDrax is right about the KV2 Foo'bar.

I just encountered a similar problem on a map I have been working on. I had some sort of BSP error. Note the monstererous weirdly shaped shadows on the overhead view. These somehow translated to a blackout of the truck shown in the detail shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0