• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KitaJima

It's not that I don't want feedback, it's just that you always complain about volume but it just seems to be you and your friends so there's not much I can do, I turn volume down for you and others complain it's too low. And I don't know why you listed the bots thing as an issue, why did you expect them to ride in the boat? Considering how useless they are I think your expectations are too high.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is a feedback reference to help stop people suggesting stuff that does not exist and keep feedback relevant and useful for maps. If you want to suggest extravagant features that aren't ingame you'll have to go to the suggestion forum section.

First rule is: make sure whatever you're suggesting is actually in game and useable/doable. There is nothing a mapper can do to make your experience better if your expectations are set on something that does not exist. It is quite condescending to the mapper if in order to make a feature better he has to implement something which isn't there. This does not mean you can't suggest removing a feature due to a lack of something else that isn't in the game.

Objectives
Info mappers need about objectives:

• Are they too far apart or too close? Pros/Cons of both.
  • Are there enough paths leading into the objective? Or too many?
  • Cap zone volumes too large or small?
  • Cap zone timer takes too long or is too short.
  • Not enough or too much cover leading up to the objective.
  • Do they make sense in relation to the scenario/landscape?
  • Provide a diagram of objective layout you think would work better.
Spawns
Info mappers need about spawns:

• Spawn timer too long or short?
  • Spawns too far away from objective or too close?
  • Could the map benefit from more or less spawns?

Player flow

• What paths do players generally take?
  • Are players too bunched up in one area?
  • Suggestions to get players to spread out.
  • Provide an overhead image of player movements.

Environment

• Does the environment look natural?
  • Are the objectives something that fits in with the surroundings?
  • Do you have image references for better lighting or foliage placement?
etc etc.

Upvote 0
Hello Psycho,

the [~AJ~]-Server and ours had the same issue that the Server crashes while running this Map. For me it happend at the Beach.
On AJ it happend yesterday so that Micha came to us and talked with me. I had this same a time earlier on this Map, but I was`nt sure if it was just the Server or if it has something to do with the Map. I think i`ve got .dmp Files if they`re helpful for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was playing this Map alone. It was last week. When i was at the beach the server crashes. I thought: "Ok maybe ROGame.exe again"...
Then Micha and the guys from AJ visited us cause their Server crashed on Kitajima_v10 Micha told me. So i think it seems to be/maybe could be.
Micha said you can ask them and speak to AJ cause they`ve got an english speaker in their Team called Besa. Think you know her from Mike Nomads Clan. Micha also says that they had a Bug un Streets and then we did a Maptest on Streets on our Server with around 30 People and some shooting Sounds disappeared like i wrote in the Streets Thread. So i think it seems but you`re guy who knows...we`re just players.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is recent crash messages. Hope this helps.

[1537361.25] Critical: appError called: Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
RSSpotFire RSTE-KitaJima_v10.TheWorld:persistentLevel.RSSpotFire_19
Function RSGame.RSFlameProjectile:Explode:0000
Script call stack:
Function RSGame.RSSpotFire:UnTouch
Function RSGame.RSSpotFire:Explode
Function RSGame.RSFlameProjectile:Explode

[1537361.25] Critical: Windows GetLastError: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied. (10057)
[1546502.02] Log: === Critical error: ===
Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
RSSpotFire RSTE-KitaJima_v10.TheWorld:persistentLevel.RSSpotFire_19
Function RSGame.RSFlameProjectile:Explode:0000
Script call stack:
Function RSGame.RSSpotFire:UnTouch
Function RSGame.RSSpotFire:Explode
Function RSGame.RSFlameProjectile:Explode

Address = 0x76f5c42d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x4770d1 (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server2\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]
Address = 0x4a53f3 (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server2\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]

Upvote 0
Just played a full server today on this map and I have to say it was fantastic! Now, my only suggestion would be to provide a bit more cover from Artillery on the beachhead for Allies or-else it just becomes a grind. Otherwise all the other objectives seemed pretty well-balanced between attackers and defenders. Also consider removing the movement penalty when attackers spawn in water or move them up a bit, from what I've noticed most players get killed just as they reach the beach.

Upvote 0
We've been playing this map with full server for about 1-2 months now on Aus/NZ. I would say that it is pretty balanced at this point. Around half allies/half axis win. A, B, D and I can be struggles to attack, but it's just a matter of the attackers learning how to take them. Great map.

Keep in mind that the server is generally full of high level players, however, so it could be a different story on most pub servers.

Upvote 0