• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Realistic medieval sandbox RPG)

This is going to be the greatest game ever made
McbIBil.png

I see :D

Upvote 0
This looks like something I've always wanted! :3

Not too sure about the wacky combat mechanics, tbh, because so far my favorite games were simply combo based, with stun and knock-down and invincibility frames.. like Ninja Gaiden or something like Dragon's Dogma. To me that not only felt better from a gameplay perspective it also felt ultimately more realistic than a stiff system like say in Mount and Blade and Chivalry. Fantasy attacks aside, the combat in Dragon's Dogma feels very hefty and realistic, imo. Anyway, we'll see how they handle it in this.

Maybe this is the first game that does Mount and Blade style combat right!

But however that goes: I just love the idea of a medieval rpg with little (or no) high fantasy elements and I appreciate that they're going to give you multiple solutions for their quests!

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
They confirmed no QTEs for the entire game.

It's suppoed to work like Chivalry mixed with Mount and Blade or War of the Roses (ie stamina etc) for that matter.
More info + demo in one of their upcoming update videos.

First one is about the "world"
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Video Update #1: Our World - YouTube

Assassin's Creed doesn't have QTE's in combat either. But its entire combat system revolves around one button you hit to make awesome happen, in order to make the animations for counters and parries sync up. "Mount and Blade" style combat makes me think of free-form attacking where it's actually tracking the path of your weapon. This seems a little more....structured? is the word I'm looking for I guess.

Happy to hear more about how it actually works. That was just my initial reaction.

Upvote 0