• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update Released

Stay away from Dell Desktops. Pain in the arse to upgrade, tweak, and expensive to replace parts. Dell Laptops are give and take. I lean more towards The Egg for parts. Zip Zoom and Tiger are also ok sometimes. Usually more expensive.

Seems like the thread got lost somewhere.
Actually the XPS line isn't all that bad. Overpriced, of course, but they use standard dimensions on the XPS line, so you can upgrade pretty much anything but the motherboard. Kinda like my XPS 410, I've upgraded the RAM, PSU, video card, and soon to be processor.

It's great for people who don't want to go through the hassle of building one or who want 12 months of no interest.:cool:

I'd still recommend building though:p

Upvote 0
Actually the XPS line isn't all that bad. Overpriced, of course, but they use standard dimensions on the XPS line, so you can upgrade pretty much anything but the motherboard. Kinda like my XPS 410, I've upgraded the RAM, PSU, video card, and soon to be processor.

It's great for people who don't want to go through the hassle of building one or who want 12 months of no interest.:cool:

I'd still recommend building though:p

The worst Thing about them is the graphics card is integrated into the motherboard, so there is no way you can upgrade it. Im stuck with this crappy card until I can afford a new PC :(

Upvote 0
The worst Thing about them is the graphics card is integrated into the motherboard, so there is no way you can upgrade it. Im stuck with this crappy card until I can afford a new PC :(
What do you mean? Even if it's integrated into the motherboard, as long as you have a free PCI Express slot open it should work (assuming your case is big enough, and also that if you have a decent power supply). When you put in the dedicated card, you boot up your bios and turn off the integrated and turn on the PCIE port instead.

Unless you're running an outdated architecture (PCI or AGP) then I'd agree with you.

Upvote 0