• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update - 1043

I'm sorry, but if you feel those 5000+ hours of levelling your stats was a waste of time, let me tell you: it was. It's a video game, you play it for your own personal satisfaction. I can't believe how incredibly selfish you are to put your own ego above others' ability to play properly (ie. with perks) on any map they please.

Selfish? Put my own ego above others? What? Lol! Yes, it was a waste of time!...and that's why I'm telling everyone, don't buy Tripwire products! This is a game for cheaters now. This is a game where the owners don't care what rules you break. Are you in the right thread, because your comment is bizarre? How is asking a game owner, to crack down on cheating, such a selfish and/or egotistical concept. How is believing in the virtue, of keeping a game's rules consistent, so wrong? How is believing in looking after long term loyal clients, simply by following the preceding two points, such a horrible thing?

You are advocating cheating and I'm selfish...lol!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...their life revolves around said game. When something changes to allow others to easily be classified as the same level as someone like that, they retaliate because in their mind; everything they've worked for has been lost.

Basically, this argument isn't going to go anywhere. The fact of the matter is, TWI took away the maps white listing.

If someone feels that maps should be white listed, then you still have the power to run your own servers, with your own perk system, with maps that you approve of. That will eliminate someone from runining your game, since they wont be able to "cheat" (and I use this term loosely, since it's really not cheating) their way to a higher level in a quick time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Selfish? Put my own ego above others? What? Lol! Yes, it was a waste of time!...and that's why I'm telling everyone, don't buy Tripwire products! This is a game for cheaters now. This is a game where the owners don't care what rules you break. Are you in the right thread, because your comment is bizarre? How is asking a game owner, to crack down on cheating, such a selfish and/or egotistical concept. How is believing in the virtue, of keeping a game's rules consistent, so wrong? How is believing in looking after long term loyal clients, simply by following the preceding two points, such a horrible thing?

You are advocating cheating and I'm selfish...lol!

You can not be directly affected you in leveling.
Cheat affected you directly.

If you can check all of you, if the white list.
You tried to contact the TWI?

To the TWI, no longer has the ability to check the white list.

Upvote 0
There were rules and they were stuck to for years. The rules still apply, it's just Tripwire said they don't care anymore and they are not going to police it. It is an attack on Tripwire for selling us out! OMG!
The rules don't apply anymore. There is no whitelisting system and the devs allowed for everyone to level up in any way they want. Power leveling is allowed, but you still consider it as cheating.

Power leveling used to be considered as cheating because it was accomplished by exploiting, thus circumventing the system. Now you don't have to exploit in order to power level. You use maps, some of them are in the workshop, which the devs were aware of before removing the whitelist.

Your arguments about cheating look farfetched, they are based on the system which doesn't exist anymore.

Upvote 0
The rules don't apply anymore. There is no whitelisting system and the devs allowed for everyone to level up in any way they want. Power leveling is allowed, but you still consider it as cheating.

Power leveling used to be considered as cheating because it was accomplished by exploiting, thus circumventing the system. Now you don't have to exploit in order to power level. You use maps, some of them are in the workshop, which the devs were aware of before removing the whitelist.

Your arguments about cheating look farfetched, they are based on the system which doesn't exist anymore.

It is cheating, even Tripwire basically call it cheating. They said it's "on you" to decide if you want to cheat or not. I get it, you want to cheat. Go ahead and do it, but make no mistake your game has no creditibility now and watch how that works out for you.

Upvote 0
My gaming numbers are possibly unprecedented, but they are irrelevant to my arguments and to yours, whatever they are? How does my experience, make myself exempt from the affect of Tripwire's changes in policy, or vice versa? It doesn't!

"Tripwire has betrayed all those 3rd Party Developers that went through all that effort to get their maps whitelisted."

I am going to stand by that comment. They have f*#ked you over. 1,100 hours of work wasted! I appreciate the effort you have put in, but Tripwire doesn't anymore, probably never did! You mention you've learnt to create better maps, for a game that's aging, for a game that Tripwire does not care about anymore. They'll be other developers who will be pumping out crap now, because they can. (That's another thing I didn't think of - future crap maps - because there's no quality control). With KF2, you'll probably have to learn it all again! I hope that is not the case but I don't like your chances. Only a fool, would claim that 1100 hours of wasted time is OK. You should be enraged, and if your not, your in denial.

You make a lot of assumptions my man. 1,100 hours are not wasted using UT2004 engine because it is VERY similar to UDK and transfering over is not that hard, in fact I mess with UDK and am amazed at how close it is. 1,100 hours are also not wasted by the whitelisting list being banished because I did not spend all that time making maps unexploitable. Most of the time was spent ....making the f**king maps and maybe 10% doing quality control. Don't talk about this s**t like you have a clue what you're talking about because you just put your underused feet in your mouth. Also 1,100 hours are not wasted because I have over 20K downloads of my maps which translates to a lot of people having fun. I ENJOY making maps, I love designing them on paper, researching online, the whole thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Dschumy: THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
I personally welcome the removal of the whitelist, as it means that if someone releases a new map, it has far more chance of being played now than what it used to. Did you ever play on an unlisted/grey listed map while levelling, or even after you finished getting to level 6? Probably not. I know that I didn't. But now, all map makers have a chance to have any of their maps played, as the one thing holding them back (the whitelist) is now gone. So far I have played on 7 great maps that before auto-greylisting/removal of whitelist, I would never have played on.
And about these "outraged" people you talk of, so far I have only seen you; and if I were you, I would stop now. You're embarrassing yourself.

Before you go on to accuse me of "powerleveling" as well, got my final level 6 (demo) a day after the abolishment of the whitelist... On biotics lab.

Go take you superiority complex somewhere else :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You make a lot of assumptions my man. 1,100 hours are not wasted using UT2004 engine because it is VERY similar to UDK and transfering over is not that hard, in fact I mess with UDK and am amazed at how close it is. 1,100 hours are also not wasted by the whitelisting list being banished because I did not spend all that time making maps unexploitable. Most of the time was spent ....making the f**king maps and maybe 10% doing quality control. Don't talk about this s**t like you have a clue what you're talking about because you just put your underused feet in your mouth. Also 1,100 hours are not wasted because I have over 20K downloads of my maps which translates to a lot of people having fun. I ENJOY making maps, I love designing them on paper, researching online, the whole thing.

Yeah I was surprised at how similar UnrealEd has been from Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3. So similar, once you've learned on, learning on the other is a piece of cake. With that being said, the Unreal engine is used in a LOT of games so 1100 hours of designing maps for KF most definitely is not a waste.

Neither is the time spent playing a game you enjoy.

That's like saying a city moving/replacing a park you used to play in as a kid wasted your entire childhood playing at that park.

Anyway, what maps have you created?

Upvote 0
...Anyway, what maps have you created?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=84331
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76631
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76484
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78220
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76491
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=77553
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36783

@dschumy
Spoiler!

There are many posts of people asking if the map is whitelisted, check back pages if you don't believe me. They ask because they want to level up while they play it. Then notice the newest comment "I jumped on this right away when I heard the whitelist was removed". You may think I should feel a certain way but your feeling doesn't influence mine, and your lack of knowledge of the subject matter that you speak of makes your arguments lose even more integrity. Stick with being upset about your stat levels and don't speak on behalf of map builders. It's like if I tried to explain to an astronaut why they should feel upset about NASA shutting down and telling them their trips to outer space are now worthless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Dschumy: THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
I personally welcome the removal of the whitelist, as it means that if someone releases a new map, it has far more chance of being played now than what it used to. Did you ever play on an unlisted/grey listed map while levelling, or even after you finished getting to level 6? Probably not. I know that I didn't. But now, all map makers have a chance to have any of their maps played, as the one thing holding them back (the whitelist) is now gone. So far I have played on 7 great maps that before auto-greylisting/removal of whitelist, I would never have played on.
And about these "outraged" people you talk of, so far I have only seen you; and if I were you, I would stop now. You're embarrassing yourself.

Before you go on to accuse me of "powerleveling" as well, got my final level 6 (demo) a day after the abolishment of the whitelist... On biotics lab.

Go take you superiority complex somewhere else :rolleyes:

I just really smirk that the bulk of you, all use variations on the same argument. That argument doesn't deny that cheating will become more prevalent. That argument doesn't deny that the game integrity goes out the window. Your argument basically revolves around the theory cheating is acceptable and just let it be. Players now have "freedom" to do what they like. Even Tripwire used a similiar term; "it's on you". Maps don't have to reach a certain standard to be on the whitelist now. There is no quality control and as a result many of those maps will be crap! Maybe all of them. Quantity is not a substitute for quality. The majority of maps will not only have bugs, they will have exploits that cheaters can take advantage of. The bulk of my detractor's arguments here are inconsistent too. On one hand you either speak directly of your disgust in artificial levelling, cheating, etc. or you impart a negative connotation to such strategies (and so you should), but then you praise it, as opening the game up and giving players freedom to do what they want. Make your f###ing mind up! What all of you detractors have is self-invested short-term interests in being allowed to cheat. Whether your a map developer (who can't cut it with the former rules of whitelisting) or player who doesn't have the skill and/or patience to play the game the way it was meant to be played, all your motivations are short-term and selfish. This is ironic, because that's what you falsely labelled me with.

As for you Capt.525, congratulations on getting to L6 demo. I'm a little confused though? Can you repeat to me which came first: Patch 1043, or you attaining L6 Demo? I'd like to emphasize, with Testmap, you can go from L0 to L6 Demo in <30 minutes. You had a day to use Testmap, didn't you? I hope, for your own pride (because you do show pride in your comment) that you levelled it legitimately. See however, that any player who does level without cheating has a question mark over them now. See how the rules are compromised. See how the game now lacks integrity, even if your a legit player. That's why I've gotten out. It's a game for cheaters, and it's just not worth playing anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With three accounts that are all maxed on level 6, where you let others use those accounts; we know you used cheap tactics to level them up as well. Don't deny it. We're on to you.

Lol!

First up. Yes, those accounts are for my friends to use, if they so wish. Many of the hours and achievements on those accounts were not done by me. The bulk of the work on each of the 2 secondary accounts are the result of myself however. For whatever it's worth, I would estimate I've done 400 KF hours on the 2 secondary accounts each (to be honest I don't know how many hours I've done, but it wouldn't be more than that). The main account is all me.

We should ask myself the same question I asked Capt.525. Did patch 1043 come first or was it all my achievements on all 3 accounts? All 600 achievements came first. All 21 L6 Perks came first too (they were levelled years ago).

Your onto me though. I spent countless hours in Testmap, before patch 1043, trying to get my Perks and stats levelled, and I'm pleased with the results. Within that map I got 0 headshots, 0 shotgun damage, 0 stalker kills, ........ do I need to go on? Lol!

Upvote 0
Brutal, if you have anything to say, say it here.

Brutal, if you have anything to say, say it here.

I don't wish to be contacted by you. Please refrain from contacting my Steam accounts, email address, private messages in this forum. They are all disabled now. Anything you have to say, say it here, and say it soon, because my time is almost up. As I said, I'm done with this game and this company!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My point exactly. You seem to think that this new patch is when glitching/cheating first started. Its been going on well before Killing Floor became a dedicated game. And the ones who have been doing it before are the ones that are more likely to ruin games. People who play on those type of maps are most likely not interested in playing regular killing floor, thus the chances of them disturbing your game are highly unlikely.

Upvote 0
I just really smirk that the bulk of you, all use variations on the same argument. That argument doesn't deny that cheating will become more prevalent. That argument doesn't deny that the game integrity goes out the window. Your argument basically revolves around the theory cheating is acceptable and just let it be. Players now have "freedom" to do what they like. Even Tripwire used a similiar term; "it's on you". Maps don't have to reach a certain standard to be on the whitelist now. There is no quality control and as a result many of those maps will be crap! Maybe all of them. Quantity is not a substitute for quality. The majority of maps will not only have bugs, they will have exploits that cheaters can take advantage of. The bulk of my detractor's arguments here are inconsistent too. On one hand you either speak directly of your disgust in artificial levelling, cheating, etc. or you impart a negative connotation to such strategies (and so you should), but then you praise it, as opening the game up and giving players freedom to do what they want. Make your f###ing mind up! What all of you detractors have is self-invested short-term interests in being allowed to cheat. Whether your a map developer (who can't cut it with the former rules of whitelisting) or player who doesn't have the skill and/or patience to play the game the way it was meant to be played, all your motivations are short-term and selfish. This is ironic, because that's what you falsely labelled me with.

As for you Capt.525, congratulations on getting to L6 demo. I'm a little confused though? Can you repeat to me which came first: Patch 1043, or you attaining L6 Demo? I'd like to emphasize, with Testmap, you can go from L0 to L6 Demo in <30 minutes. You had a day to use Testmap, didn't you? I hope, for your own pride (because you do show pride in your comment) that you levelled it legitimately. See however, that any player who does level without cheating has a question mark over them now. See how the rules are compromised. See how the game now lacks integrity, even if your a legit player. That's why I've gotten out. It's a game for cheaters, and it's just not worth playing anymore.

1.) Apparently you are quite naive when it comes to the whitelist. It hadn't been updated in around (over?) a year. It wasn't being kept up to date, and all those fabulous maps that were well thought out, practical, and most importantly, fun to play on, were being left behind gathering dust. Many people were calling for it to be removed (check the general discussion board), if not being overhauled/community monitored.

2.) Please do tell me how letting map makers finally having a chance at their maps being widely used is an example of a company and a game that lacks integrity.

3.) My demo was .2 million off pre-update...

4.) And how exactly would you know that it would take <30 minutes to level your demo to 6? Tried it yourself, have you?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I don't wish to be contacted by you. Please refrain from contacting my Steam accounts, email address, private messages in this forum. They are all disabled now. Anything you have to say, say it here, and say it soon, because my time is almost up. As I said, I'm done with this game and this company!

I sent a steam friend request so that we could talk without being in the forum. I don't restrict disagreements to meaning I can't be friends with someone and work things out. Sometimes I speak in a friendlier manner when it's a one on one kind of basis. Anyways I suppose if you have thrown in the towel and don't care and wish everyone to see what I have to say next then here goes; good luck to you sir, I hope you find another fun game to play with people and host servers for. Maybe you should consider game design, at a point in time when it's very difficult for companies to survive while appeasing all their customer base, maybe your strong ethic code would make the foundation for a very successful game company.

Upvote 0
1.) Apparently you are quite naive when it comes to the whitelist. It hadn't been updated in around (over?) a year. It wasn't being kept up to date, and all those fabulous maps that were well thought out, practical, and most importantly, fun to play on, were being left behind gathering dust. Many people were calling for it to be removed (check the general discussion board), if not being overhauled/community monitored.

2.) Please do tell me how letting map makers finally having a chance at their maps being widely used is an example of a company and a game that lacks integrity.

3.) My demo was .2 million off pre-update...

4.) And how exactly would you know that it would take <30 minutes to level your demo to 6? Tried it yourself, have you?:rolleyes:

Wow!
How do I make what is plainly clear, clearer (Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question, if you didn't realize)? I think what I said was very straight forward, practical and stupid to deny! Your quote here is a perfect example of what I was describing with a "variation on the same argument" and I smirk once again!

Upvote 0
Mostly happy with whitelist removal

Mostly happy with whitelist removal

Hopefully there will be a new mutator developed that will allow veteran players to continue to enjoy Killing Floor on the harder difficulties, like one that can detect playtime or achievements. I can understand those players concerns.

However being a noob myself with levels between 2-4 on all my perks I am not as affected, currently. I look forward to leveling my perks legitimately and on all the cool 3rd party maps that I had wished (and deserved) to be whitelisted. :)

Hi there Swift-Brutal-Death, I'm one of those peeps who was after a whitelist for your hell map, and just dl'd a bunch of your other maps. Previously I had been deterred from even trying them due to the whitelist.

I think, for one to consider this recent change as a complete loss of game integrity is silly, and the change certainly has benefits that might be overlooked by some veteran players.

A big thank you to Tripwire for continuing to support this game with bug fixes and additions well after release, thanks to map creators who spend countless hours creating new worlds for other people's enjoyment and finally, thank you to all those who support legitimate/team-play etc.

Ps. Currently braindead's hunting rifle is replacing the Tommy Gun in the shop. It would be nice to have that compatibility restored as I love both weapons. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0