• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Gold? Speculation time.

bogospawn

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Planet Earth
Speculation? On my KF forums? This is blasphemy!

Dont worry,this is not one of these "The Pyro from TF2 is a Cyber-Clone-Alien-Abraham Lincoln with a gender disorder!" kind of speculation.

In the MMGN interview with Alan Wilson,the Vice-President of TWI hinted at something called "Killing Floor Gold". Here's the link if anyone wants to listen to the interview.

So,all we have is a name. Killing Floor Gold. Alan also mentioned Killing Floor Platinum,but after that he corrected himself to KFGold. This leaves me with the impression its going to be one of these "Pokemon Red/Blue/Gold" type of expansions,only without the Pokemon. Here ill make a list of everything the KF community needs/wants:

GGMod(Gun Game):This one is interesting. Im not sure if TWI made this to release it later,or just made it to play it with people of the community and simply have fun.

Golden Guns in KF?(This is more of an idea of mine. A lot of people like golden guns. DLC reskins of Golden Weaponry in KF anyone?)

More Character Packs(No need to speculate on that,its confirmed that we will get loadsachardlcs soon enough)

More guns?(Honestly,if TWI has to cut more content only to add new guns,especially if its stock content,they better not add any. Im sure TWI will consider this and find a way around the UT engine. And im sure everyone wants to kill a Stalker with some duct tape and a harpoon,ifyouknowwhatimean)

Now about some fabled gamemodes the community has come up with:

Survival: (Endless waves. Pretty self explanatory,and im sure its easy to mod,yet no one has come up with it)

Story Mode: (Im sure everyone wants this baddie in the game. My personal idea of how such a story mode will be introduced in a game with no real story-telling. Look at L4D. They used comics and develloped their L4D universe by releasing L4D2. Im not implying TWI should work on KF2. But instead making gimmicky web-comics,they might as well go for the ARG type of game/story develloping. An example of my idea is to make some additional rooms in West London/Offices/BioticsLab and finally find a use of these locked doors that are nothing but walls that give you a white text every time you get near them. They're useless since the release. If youre making a Story Mode tripwire,simply after a bunch of player complete a HoE game on Westlondon,open the subway next to the church,which will change the server map to KF-WestlondonStory or preferably KF-SewerStory)

Anyways, enough with the story mode. What are your ideas? Feel free to speculate/rant of the stupidity of my ideas/say that the Pyro's true identity is Nicholas Cage,i dont really care,as long as we get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: borsdy
Prolly just an other update that will not include much for user-created content. But anyway, ro2 won't rack up as much money so here they are with KF again.

The survival mode is already in a bunch of maps. Make a quick search on the level design forums (KF-Survival by Robot:rolleyes: )

About the so-called "Story mode"... I guess you could simply read the map description to be set in the mood. And people don't necessarily want to be forced to play a certain map rotation. Especially when those maps have been out for nearly 3 years. In order to get this to work, they'd have to make a bunch of new maps or start a new mapping competition (without Damien Laurent this time please?). One more thing, I've been told that the level designers had "issues" with making a mission-map and thus, stop the development.

Upvote 0
Prolly just an other update that will not include much for user-created content. But anyway, ro2 won't rack up as much money so here they are with KF again.

The survival mode is already in a bunch of maps. Make a quick search on the level design forums (KF-Survival by Robot:rolleyes: )

About the so-called "Story mode"... I guess you could simply read the map description to be set in the mood. And people don't necessarily want to be forced to play a certain map rotation. Especially when those maps have been out for nearly 3 years. In order to get this to work, they'd have to make a bunch of new maps or start a new mapping competition (without Damien Laurent this time please?). One more thing, I've been told that the level designers had "issues" with making a mission-map and thus, stop the development.

Oh i always read the map description,especially for new maps. And ive played most mission maps that ive seen on these forums. But if you want to know what i mean by a Story Mode,look at the old KF 1.0 gameplay. Now imagine it with multiple people or,if you wish, singleplayer where you will actually crap your pants without teammates.

Upvote 0
if you ask me. the gold thing he was talking about I believe have something to do with this tournament :)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76219

for the platinum. I wonder... he sometimes can't keep his mouth shut... along with a few others staff members :)
I'm doing that tournament entirely on my own with the exception of the DLC going to be given to the winners and zYnthetic giving up the download codes. If there's anything TWI has planned for the winners or those involved I surely don't know about it!

Upvote 0
Could be Killing Floor with DLC character packs included? Sort of like the "game of the year" versions of Fallout, etc.

Whatever it is, should be announced within the next few weeks! :D

I think thats what the Platinum version being released to Game and Amazon are tbh, so it still leaves room for speculation on what KFGold Might be :)

Upvote 0
For example, in the case of a new player, trying to get a kill with the 9mm is a joke. Even with the amount of time I've put into this game, when I first played GunGame, I had a hard time getting off dualies. A good player with a high ranking weapon can decimate the battlefield game after game and hold sway over everyone else.

That's GunGame though, there is also reverse list too.

Those same issues are in every version of Gun Game I have seen, CS, MW etc. So I don't see why it shouldn't be distributed with the game.

Non whitelisted mutators are distributed so why not, i'm all for more content being distributed with the core game, means less assets to download individually. To Distribute all whitelisted content (not maps of course) wouldn't add that much to players downloads really. At least everyone would have the latest assets and wont have to download from the server.

As for it being in an official release, well it's still in Alpha stages so its far away from being polished so I doubt it'd be part an official release, but being distributed with it would be fine.

But I'd like to see GunGame updated individually to KF's cycle, not having to rely on a full KF update to see a GunGame update also.

Upvote 0
Merely as it stands balance-wise. Even in games like MW, there are certain weapons that give advantages to new players to keep uber-skilled players in check (tubes). And if you take MW and break down the weapons, they are pretty much all the same except for the explosives: all of their disadvantages are outweighed by an advantage (i.e. low fire rate weapons tend to compensate by having high damage output). It comes down more to preference and play-style than any weapon being better than another. I'm more of a rusher with terrible aim, so I pick the Vector, as it's a lightweight, sub-machine gun with high-fire rate. One of my friends is more of a camper and is a pretty good shot, so he often goes for the Intervention.

Plus the games you mention all allow for players to choose their own weaponry. If you can't perform well with the 9mm, you will pretty much hate GunGame, because you won't be able to progress. That also puts you at a severe disadvantage if someone else has progressed even one level.

Alpha, You've missed the point of my post entirely, my fault for not clarifying that im talking about CS:S gungame and Black Ops's equiv, but since we were talking about GunGame i presumed people knew im comparing the GunGame portions and not the entire games, CS:S Gungame mod with KF's Gungame mutator, i cant remember Black Ops's equivalent (not 100% sure it works the same way). You don't pick your weapon, you go through a weapons cycle and its the first to get to the end of the weapons list.

Usually this is counter balanced by having the last weapon a knife (katana in KF's instance) meaning those who are lagging behind have a chance to catch up and win still.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaBoy
Upvote 0
Could be Killing Floor with DLC character packs included? Sort of like the "game of the year" versions of Fallout, etc.

Whatever it is, should be announced within the next few weeks! :D
Well this makes sense, many gold edition of games are released with the games and its expansions, and DLCs. Since I do not know of any KF expansions(unless we are going to get something really nice soon) I am thinking it will be the game with the DLCs, and maybe(emphasis on maybe) a few other nice things at most.

Upvote 0