• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Calamity Update?

Sgt TastyWheat

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
Hey everyone. I am one of the fee people who actually owns an ouya. My freind gort me one as a gift after he wrote a review on it. I havnt played it much as I am wairing for kf calamity to be released. Since june the only update we have gotten is that it was at pax. I don't mind waiting but I was hoping that tripwire would give us more than a screen shot. According to older posts on the ouya website, calamity is a working title as well. So does anyone have any information about the game other than what we know from the video at pax? And tripwire, when are we going to see some gameplay or trailers?

Someone may need to explain what exactly he is talking about...It sounds awesome...

The same team that worked on "dwarfs!" Is working on a top down 1-4 player shooter for the ouya. Its going to be a killing floor spin off. They say they have no plans to release it on other platforms but they conviently made the code easy to transfer onto other platfroms.

Upvote 0
I hope we pc gamers kinda benefit from that too. I'm not talking about playing this game on pc. I hope that this game is successful that also the Killing Floor on pc will benefit from it or even the development of Killing Floor 2. I'm curious how Killing Floor 2 will be.

As a ouya owner, if they put it on pc as well I wouldn't mind. Itd be cool to intergrate them into one. Maybe some crosd over character skins if you own both. For tripwires sake I hope for a successful game, whether it stays on ouya or spreads.

Upvote 0
apparently there is going to be 20 levels for calamity. I think that's a good idea, seeing as the leveling in killing floor is a little much. I dont ind how long or how hard it is to reach max level, its just the amount of time it takes to get to each level is boring. The gaps are too big and tend to leave me unmotivated to level a certain class as it takes to long.

Upvote 0
I think that the skill and time it takes is fine. But spacing it out among a copal more levels would be ideal. Personally I like leveling the way it is but ever freind I introduce to the game stops playing because games like battlefeild and call of duty level you everytime you tie your shoe. I'd like for a game to find a happy meduim, were it gets challenging but still encouraging of those new players. I want the curve of leveling to be a bit more spread out to get my freinds hooked and than get harder.

Upvote 0
Apparently the Ouya has all of its games listed that are expected to come out and unforchantly killing floor is not on the entire list (from now till 2018). I know that you are trying to keep things a secret Tripwrie and not give us a date and then disappoint but Im not asking for a release date. Some gameplay footage, or some info about the character and new levels would be great.

Upvote 0