• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 on PS4 is apparently a Timed Exclusive.

Goyanium

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uyJVXvVQw4

According to this interview, at 9:12 Mr. Wilson claims that it is an timed exclusive to the PS4 and that they will do an Xbox One version afterwards. I for one am pretty hyped, I hope they can at least have cross-play between the PS4 and the Xbox One versions. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this, I for one am excited for more inclusion of gamers into this great game.

cross-play

The back+forth between Sony and MS has been interesting. Overwatch rumors about all platform play stir the pot. I imagine KF2 would be an even better candidate given the primary focus is on coop, diminishing the value of certain advantages. It sounds like an opportunity TW might take advantage of given their reputation for being early adapters (Steam, Ouya, Game works, etc).

Upvote 0
The back+forth between Sony and MS has been interesting. Overwatch rumors about all platform play stir the pot. I imagine KF2 would be an even better candidate given the primary focus is on coop, diminishing the value of certain advantages. It sounds like an opportunity TW might take advantage of given their reputation for being early adapters (Steam, Ouya, Game works, etc).

Well Rocket League managed to get it done, so lets hope it happens here too.

Upvote 0
Timed exclusive? Hmmm, I didn't even think it was coming for the Xbox One. Winner winner, chicken dinner. Also, 2 points. 1. The guy's mic/dictaphone really needs a pop filter and 2. This is why I could never play a FPS on a gamepad. :(

Good interview though.

We had the volume turned up too high, and didn't realize until the next day. Sorry about that.

Upvote 0
It will be kinda sad if the PC version is the same as the PS4 version difficulty wise, because the PS4 version would definitely be toned down (imo), for the controller which can't be that precise for dealing with HoE. (again imo)

The PC version is tuned and balanced for play on PC. The PS4 version will be tuned and balanced for play on PS4. Any Xbone version will be tuned and balanced for Xbone. The SNES version... no, wait, that was meant to be a secret.

Upvote 0