• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kill tally on your gun.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
I think it would be cool if for every kill with your weapon you could have a tally carved into your gun, it would be a neat alternative to a scoreboard, and would only appear after you respawn.

Also for tanks it could be a tank painted on the side of the tank for each tank killed, or for leaders it could be a medal for each round won.

This would be kind of similar as too how ammo has too be tracked by the weight of the mag and not a counter. There should also be an option to disable this for people who don't want it.

Reactions: Lucan946
yeah this is what i was asking for a few years back for RO , an overlaid texture that can be appied over the top of the tank's standard one.
that lead to a discussion about adorning tanks with extra camo and boxes and that.
so of course i still say yes, although the main examples i'd seen from the german's was on their 88 barrels not early war.

edit - i notice you're talking about rifles primarily - i soley ment tank gun barrels and it should be the black/white bands on the german barrels and i think the russians seemed to use different symbols of thier own choice - mostly used on turret front sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt.Cool
Upvote 0
I've seen dozens of surplus rifles that all have been in WW2, and guess what?
I've never even seen one single "kill mark" on any of them.

actually a buddy of mine just bought a russian SKS with 5 X's carved on the stock, original owner unkown, but I'd take a wild guess those are kills.

But for the most part I agree, all my ww2 weapons were kept in good condition.

Tanks on the other hand DID have markings ( usually rings on the barrel) to denote kills. This would be even easier to add because people are LOCKED into their tank. Simply checks the commanders stats and adds some rings / other decals on based on his tank kills. Should either be for that round / campaign only, or based on longterm tanking kills ie each thin ring is 500 kills, each thick ring is 5000.

Upvote 0
I've seen dozens of surplus rifles that all have been in WW2, and guess what?
I've never even seen one single "kill mark" on any of them.

I have a kar 98 that seems to of been used during the war.its beat up a lil and nazi symbols everywhere

and there seems to be some sort of tally mark looking system on the top part of the stock

hmmmm I see it as tallys b/c they look to in line to just be random

But overall I do not like this idea

Will try to get pics 2marrow you tell me if they look like tallys im not sure

Upvote 0
picard-facepalm.jpg

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
Dumb idea.

It will take a while to implement... and how will you actually see it anyways?

Remember this is a first person shooter. This means that any kill marks you have on your gun would be pretty hard to see.

And I do not know how many people I have killed in RO1.. hundreds, maybe 1,000? Maybe more?

Even in a single round I might kill up to 15 or so people.

And who will really want to look at kill marks on their gun? This is a shooter, not an RPG. I'd rather play a game, or go offline and play a shooting range map (assuming someone makes one) than look at a gun 3D model with some kill marks.

Upvote 0
aww everyone is shooting the idea down. And I really wouldent mind seeing the rings painted on the tank barrels as they were done ( atleast by the germans ) in WW2. ( no it wasent tanks painted on the side of the tank ).

well i suggested it in 07 and 06 for RO and both times ppl either got confused or ignored it completely which surprised me as i think it would be a very nice addition.
so i guess i shouldn't be surprised this time round, although i think ppl are considering the idea on weapons mainly.
I might have to figure out how to do it myself tbh.

Upvote 0
aww everyone is shooting the idea down. And I really wouldent mind seeing the rings painted on the tank barrels as they were done ( atleast by the germans ) in WW2. ( no it wasent tanks painted on the side of the tank ).

I think most people (myself included) were referring to having kill tallies on your gun when rejecting the idea.

Kill rings/marks on a tank would be nice. :)

Upvote 0
I figured it would be possible on tanks because you spawn with the tank, so at each spawn the tanks textures could be updated, or at the beginning of each round the new texture would be generated based upon kills.

+ I could imagine that your teamates would probably have a bit more faith in some armour support were it given by a tank they could visually see was commanded by someone of expertise...

Upvote 0