• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 My Dedicated Server Showed in LAN but not in Browser

SCArkadia

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2023
To start explaining, I first create my own server using this KF2ServerTool https://forums.tripwireinteractive....update-maps-in-your-dedicated-server.2302923/

Everything works flawlessly, the custom map, the mutator, the server goes online, etc. Except if there is one thing that is not working, it is that the server won't show up in Browser section. It shows up in HISTORY/LAN. Another thing is that I asked my friend to join my server to test if it works or not by giving them the command "open WAN IP:7777". I even asked them with a command "open LAN IP:7777". Both result in nothing (though mine worked with "open LAN IP:7777"). They don't have any notification like asking for password (yes, my server has a password).

I would have stopped there if my friends were able to join but since they didn't, I tried so hard to solve this yet it won't work. It's frustrating because you can only play with mutators and custom map using own server and not official one even if you have added custom map and it showed in Create A Match.

P.S:

1. I have made my Local IP Address static
2. I have tried Port Forwarding router and it should be fine with the screenshot
3. I have disabled Windows Firewall. (I did have Glasswire app and I uninstalled it just in case. I also have Cloudflare WARP. I don't know if it is going to disturb that)
4. I even use PortForward Software but sadly, It doesn't have my router listed. So I am currently in contact of support to have it added.
5. Before port forwarding, the server still does show in LAN/History section.
6. The router does have DMZ but I heard that it is not recommended. So I didn't tinker it.
7. I am dumb in networking stuff. So please bear with me.

Any help is really appreciated cause I really want to play this with friends. Thank you

Attachments

• Router 1.jpg
    Router 1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Router 2.png
    Router 2.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 9
Your rule seems totally wrong to me.

If you use the default ports (that we see on the WAN side), then you need to forward these ports, to the same ports on your local PC, and not the port 80 on local PC.

It can not work if you redirect all WANIP PORT to LOCALIP:80, redirect it to the same port as the WAN port. so when people knock on your WAN IP PORT they are redirected to this port, on your local computer where server runs.

1694106132958.png

PS: no need to redirect/forward the web admin port, unless you want people on the internet to access to admin Panel.

Reactions: anotherDSH
Upvote 0