• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 cant launch

aaz777

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Russia, Pushkin
reinstalled all drivers on the newest. When i am trying to launch the game, it says first " installing *****.exe file, step 1 of 1 " or something like that, then it just disappears like i never tryed to launch the game.
Log:

Spoiler!

dfced979224590746e5190610299fd1d.png

You need to launch it from here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64" run the KFGame.exe..(As Admin) if that doesn't work reinstall the game and try it again it will work i tried it on every version of windows 7, 8.1, 10 (build 10049) they all work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You need to launch it from here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64" run the KFGame.exe..(As Admin) if that doesn't work reinstall the game and try it again it will work i tried it on every version of windows 7, 8.1, 10 (build 10049) they all work.

i have reinstalled the game 3 times and run exactly this file in steam directory millions of times with admin rights, it simply does not launch.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue - have tried all the suggested fixes (video driver reinstall, run installers in redist folder, run game from folder as admin).

Graphics: Nvidia GT 755M
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
RAM: 16GB

Issue solved for me - whilst I tried multiple things... it seemingly worked after I changed Killing Floor to run on my GT 755M (which I thought was default but apparently not) instead of integrated graphics card. I should have checked earlier...

For anyone who is still struggling - check that if you haven't already.

Upvote 0