• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF1 West London

KillMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
Thread Moved to Final Releases
/\ This is a link /\Click on it.

lsJYxjX.png

QIitYcM.png

djrsf7L.png

Spoiler!

irstcLs.png

Spoiler!

yiEWXBP.png

Spoiler!
2zVIYEX.png
oNViueY.png

Known Problems:
Spoiler!

Why is the map as big as it is? This is a pretty long read, so get comfy.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████

Upvote 0
Beardy55;n2264801 said:
Fantastic remake,the only issue i find while using serverext.mut is that when players get redemption,they are teleported outside the map usually past the church,perhaps blocking volumes?not sure i'm not a mapper,never the less great map and thanks

This issue has been brought to my attention before with other maps, so it’s not surprising to see the same issues pop up with this one.
I have previously looked into the matter however I have been unable to find a solution that works.

I have had quite a few people suggest that I put blocking volumes around the perimeter of the playable area in order to prevent players from leaving the map, however for anyone who has ever loaded any of my maps up in the SDK they know that all my outdoor maps already have very tall blocking volumes surrounding any potential map exits.

I have seen a few videos displaying this problem in action, and in every case the player in question was transported directly through an existing blocking volume as if it wasn’t even there.

Now with all that being said, I don’t plan on making a habit of supporting third party mods or mutators, my maps are only designed to function with the base Killing Floor 2 game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Overall I really like it. I've missed this map a lot. I only played it once so far, solo, level 23 SS, suicide, kiting, died wave 8.

Some things I noticed, and you may know about these, if so sorry.

The flames in the building across from the church come out of the wall where the ammo/weapon drops are.

Also the flames look like they go through the overturned dumpster lid.

I don't know why it happened but 1 time going through the tunnel ( VW bus/police car/burning car ) it got really slow. I haven't had this problem before so I'm not sure what caused it ( my pc or the map ).

It looks like the zeds in the VW bus/police car tunnel come out of the wall when they spawn as you enter the tunnel from the trader end.

After a couple a waves I started noticing patterns with the zed spawning. For example exiting from the double decker tunnel rounding the street corner the zeds drop down in a line in front of the scaffolding, many times I would see the first one drop and I would spam that line and would kill 3-5 zeds in a row.

There are plenty of ammo and weapon drops - never worried about running out of ammo.

The ONLY complaint I have is the play style. It's non-stop. They are always on your *** or in your face. There was practically no time to stop and take an aimed shot or 2 at that scrake/fp or anything else. I want to make it clear I am NOT knocking or putting down in any way, shape, or form that play style OR the people who enjoy it! It's a big world, lots of people with different likes/dislikes. It's just not my play style. I am NOT asking you to change it. I imagine playing in a group will make it not so non-stop.

So overall a BIG thumbs up!

Upvote 0
@ Rafin The Red

I really appreciate the feedback, good or bad it’s all helpful.

All right, first off the fire effects.
I’ll take a look at the fire in the building and nudge it around a bit that should solve the issue.

Now about the frame rate drops in the tunnel, if you can try focusing on the glass shards around the level and see if you experience any drops in FPS while looking at them. I had previously fix a shader instruction issue with them prior to release (which solved the problem on my end, however I can’t be sure about anyone else)

Lastly I’ll be taking a look at the spawning, however the map itself was never really designed for KF2’s fast paced zeds. So when you take that into account and then tack on the fact that the map is primarily a big oval it’s pretty easy to have zeds come from all sides.

Upvote 0
Scarbeus;n2264935 said:
Great job, this was my fave map from KF1. I've played remakes but a full port was more nostalgic I found. I made a playthrough and review video on YouTube for those that may be interested, I recommend trying this map out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo7AS338NfY

Thanks for the review, if I have your permission I will link the video in the main post.

Upvote 0
KillMaster;n2264855 said:
@ Rafin The Red

I really appreciate the feedback, good or bad it’s all helpful.

All right, first off the fire effects.
I’ll take a look at the fire in the building and nudge it around a bit that should solve the issue.

Now about the frame rate drops in the tunnel, if you can try focusing on the glass shards around the level and see if you experience any drops in FPS while looking at them. I had previously fix a shader instruction issue with them prior to release (which solved the problem on my end, however I can’t be sure about anyone else)

Lastly I’ll be taking a look at the spawning, however the map itself was never really designed for KF2’s fast paced zeds. So when you take that into account and then tack on the fact that the map is primarily a big oval it’s pretty easy to have zeds come from all sides.

Yea, I think you're on to it about the map not being designed for KF2's faster zeds - I hadn't thought of that aspect, glad you did. I only got to wave 5 this time ( sorry I'm not the best player and certainly not at kiting ). Like I said before having something on your *** all the time - and everytime I turn around to clear my 6 something gets me from behind ( formally the front ) before I either finish clearing my 6 or before I can turn back around - is not my cup of tea so I was getting a little aggravated :eek:. But I love the map so I will keep plugging away and get better at it.

I did notice a frame drop in the VW bus tunnel (from 96 to 81-84) in general and somewhat a little more around the glass chards (76+-). If I zoom in over the sights it drops to 62+- ( other glass chards around the map too ). On most maps I'm getting around 120 but I haven't updated my graphics card in a month or 2 so I'll do that later and try it again later. ( this was with both versions B1 and B2 )

EDIT

I checked my drivers and they are up to date. I tried the map as Sup this time and the FPs dropped a lot more often ( 96 to 70 ) esp in the later waves ( down to 40 ). Mainly in the tunnels but also out in the open around the church too. If no one else is complaining then it must be my setup - I believe all my settings are the same as they were a week or two ago when I last played.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish you would port all the KF1 maps to KF2, but oh how I know that will never happen, maybe BioticsLab because people love that map so much, or maybe Farm, but we will never get to see the full original game in KF2, but you sir have done a great service for all of us KF1 vets who are playing KF2, thank you for everything, these maps bring tears to my eyes because of how great they are.

Upvote 0
vegetasasuke0;n2265724 said:
I wish you would port all the KF1 maps to KF2, but oh how I know that will never happen, maybe BioticsLab because people love that map so much, or maybe Farm, but we will never get to see the full original game in KF2, but you sir have done a great service for all of us KF1 vets who are playing KF2, thank you for everything, these maps bring tears to my eyes because of how great they are.

If I had the time, and a skilled team of mappers (since doing this alone takes a considerable amount of time and effort) it wouldn’t be that far of a stretch to do most if not all of the original KF1 maps. :cool:

But for now I’ll do what I can.

Im also glad you like the map :)

Upvote 0