• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF1 and 2 ZED comparison graphic [12kx7k]

Fifth

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2015
Long time reader, first time poster, yada yada...
I figured I'd share this with you guys for those that don't go on reddit. Basically grabbed the game assets and threw together this compilation for a direct comparison between the ZEDs. Hope you at least find it interesting.

*****ENJOY*****

Also, being 12000x7000px, it's best to download it and check it out in photo viewer since zoom/pan is better than the browser (or at least chrome).

Last edited:
Clots, gorefast, bloat, crawler, husk loot flat-out better

New stalker looks surprised or bored, so the old one was better

Siren is worse in all aspects, the straitjacket was cool and her face was frightening

Scrake and FP turned out to be really good considering their big redesign

Hans is Hans.

Anyway thanks for the image

Upvote 0
That's cool. I forgot how tall the bloat was in KF1.
Hahah yeah and in the KF mod the bloat was athletic compared to the new ones :D He really let himself go over the years!! :p:D
ModBloat.png

Upvote 0
wow.... I knew the FP was smaller this time around, just didn't realize exactly how much smaller. Nice post and observation. +1

Wonder if there is a chance that they will get closer to their original heights in the future to help give the impression of how intimidating and threatening they should really be.

doubt it, a character model this far along in development (with all animations made) is pretty difficult to mess with

Upvote 0
Old FP was so much better with his height and slimness. Adding muscles doesn't make it more badass, it's quite the opposite actually. He feels cartoony to me. Same goes for the scrake.
The stalker seems... unfinished. I miss the old one, she was so much hotter.
But the other specimens are pretty nice, especially gorefast and husk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Two things really stand out.

First is what's been mentioned before, that the model quality is very similar between the two games, and that it's really due to engine and animation improvements that it looks so much better this time.

The second is how, while the kf1 zeds were across the board taller, they FEEL bigger this time around. KF2 is a much faster, closer game, and when the zeds run right up to your face they feel like they're right there, and big, rather than in kf1 where you could be right up against a scrake and you'd be dying, but they didn't have the same sense of solid physical presence. Don't know what to attribute that to, but it's an impressive improvement.

Edit: Regarding looking better, another reason is most of the new models have significantly stronger aesthetics. While they look comparable in quality at the minute level, zooming out a little gives the new models a significant edge in appeal and feel. With the possible exception of the big guys, who don't quite look right next to their kf1 counterparts, but are perfectly fine on their own.

Edit 2: fleshpoounds really need to do more damage, though. I can't help but think of a big clown when I look at the KF2 fleshpound, and it's nothing wrong with the model. They just are too goofy and unable to deal damage for them to be a serious threat next to the actually dangerous kf1 FP. It makes the model look weak, just due to my experience playing against them.

Edit 3: And Scrakes should be skinnier. Their profile is too similar to the fp as it is. Not that there's much chance of mistaking one for the other, but just a little more to bring them closer to the kf1 model would be nice. Not taller, just less slablike. Maybe. As it is, ignoring glowy bits and animations, the sc looks as different from the fp as the slasher does from the clot. More differentiation in body type would work wonders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0