• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-WaterWorksV1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best map in nearly all catagories! A couple things to mention:
- More zed spawns, if possible. With 5-6 players we are able to go through nearly all 10 waves with little to no damage. There are not many areas where it is dangerous to be. With players having level 3-5 perks, one or two guys can hold all entry points. The main outdoor area and the big upper level pump room are easiest to hold, the lowest level tunnel area also.
- It is possible to get onto the big pumps and the roundish generator things...sorry, no screen shots, will try to capture some next time we play. 99% of the time I play in the obvious area and don't try to exploit. Some of the other players found these. I am not so good at finding these in my own maps! ;)

Excellent job with the mesh work and lighting. Really the best overall map out there-minus on the play intensity only. I think with some improved zed spawning and creative ways to get the zeds on the players faster, without so much staircase/hall paths, it would put this over the top...even better than the stock maps!

Upvote 0
Hello.

Hello.

Cool !
That will be fixed in the next version
Thks :)

No problem. I found it on accident was jumping back from one of the zed's and found myself on the rail. I decided to see how far I could get. My fellow teammate was able to even go farther to help me get screen shots.

For it being easy. I am not to sure about that. If you do not stick together and fight its a little hard. Especially on hard. If I had a good team then no problem. One problem with pub there is always those who go off and do not work well with others. LOL. :D

Upvote 0
Best-looking map I've seen so far in this game (that includes the official ones). The difference between this and some of the others is so great that it looks like it's using a different graphics engine. Some of the environments and lighting effects really show off what the engine can do.

Also like the size and multiple pathways - opens up all sorts of different ways of playing it.

Nice job.

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for your feedbacks.
I upload the v3 in a few hours.

There are just some little tweaks :
- a blocking volume forgotten in the path (oo yeah \o/ thks Arramus)
- a broken path node fixed
- somes textures retiled
- "a new tunnel" (BSP=> static mesh) between the exterior part and the interior
- general fog tweaked
- some emitter tweaked

Where is it cus its not in ur startpost?

Upvote 0
Thanks everybody for your post. I'm glad you like the map. :)

SoT.Progeny> Sorry, I'm still working on it.
The v3 is ready, but I try to rework the zed spawns to have a better gameplay. I put the link in the first post asap. :)

THEDDLE> Yes, but I think that Waterworks is easier than an official map. I would like to have some thing a little bit harder.

Slyk> Yep, I think the same thing.
Sometime the zed are ok, but sometime they take a lot of time to come and that's really boring. I try to add some spawn to fix that and to have a map a little bit dangerous.
"It is possible to get onto the big pumps and the roundish generator things"
I'm not sure to understand. You speak about this red area ?
blop.jpg

If yes, that's not an exploit, because I want that players can climb on it. I found that's fun to play with that. Do you think that's bad for the gameplay?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

You can find the V4 in the first post.
Fix some things like :
- invisible walls in the way \o/
- some exploit
- broken path node
- somes textures tiling
- "a new tunnel" (BSP=> static mesh) between the exterior part and the interior
- general fog
- some emitter
And I added some new spawns for the specimens.

KF-WATERWORKSV4
http://d4ms.free.fr/killingfloor/KF-WaterworksV4.zip

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

I see your on V4. Good thing I looked at the first page. It says Final so are you done. If so list it in the final section as V4 also. Some people only look at the version of the title. What about whitelist. Have you done that yet? I will get it on my servers asap.

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

That or ask an admin to change the title maybe. V5 Darn. I just got V4 installed. LOL. No biggie. I know how it goes. They are never final. I saw someone glitching on West London the other day. I do not think there was much of a benefit to it. Which reminds me. I need to post these for Tripwire.

WestLondon1a.jpg

WestLondon2a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If he was showing you a problem and couldn't kill anything, that's fine.

I insta-ban people who grief though... I thought he was one of them.

For example, once I found my server with somebody on the roof of one of the houses on KF-Farm just standing there and not killing anything. The server was dead because everyone but him died and he was just standing there (AFK or griefing or something), without killing specimens, which were all around the house but couldn't reach him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.