• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Update on the way - Version 1033

is perk progress broken on anyone's dedic serv? mine has been updated and was actually working earlier today b4 the update release but now we're getting no headshot or medic credit after update, and we have both client and server updated

:( :confused:
Might be something with the updated maps. I notice in solo I get no perk progress in aperture but it works in BioticsLab for example. I also did get map achievements for Biohazard and Evil Santa's Lair today.

EDIT: Looks like maybe it's just Aperture; seems almost like it's now only greylisted instead of whitelisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One change I've noticed on filths cross is that one of the more popular camp spots doesn't work any more. The room that is attached to the purple/blue stairwell room where you would weld the door and camp the room while avoiding going too close to the door. The specimens now go directly for the door rather than coming up the stairs- even if you go stand at the top of the stairwell. I'll post a screenshot of what I'm talking about later when I have access to my pc. Has anyone noticed any other subtle map changes?

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
In that case, I vote for beginner difficulty disabling leveling. It's practically exploiting :3

But then complete newbies joining the game (the people who have never played a PC game before, let alone an FPS) would have real trouble playing any other difficulty, because their perks wouldn't level up.

Also, on lower difficulties there are fewer zeds who have FAR fewer HPs. Classes with damage-based progression would level up so slowly there as opposed to Hard+.
It'd be easier for headshots and stalker kills (maybe), but the other classes would probably lvl faster on higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
It'd be easier for headshots and stalker kills (maybe), but the other classes would probably lvl faster on higher difficulties.

But even then, there's less heads to shoot, as well as stalkers.

Anyhoo, it may be a quick jump from level 0 to 1-2 or whatever, but when it comes to 4-5-6, the rate is plain unsatisfactory for those levels.

Upvote 0
But even then, there's less heads to shoot, as well as stalkers.

Eh, you could argue that the slower movement speed would give you more time to aim, meaning that more of your kills would be headshots. I reckon for newer players who have like a 50% headshot chance on beginner and a 25% headshot chance on Normal, it'd be worth it.

But yea, my headshot ratio on beginner is probably like 95% and on suicidal when I'm trying, it's probably like 80-855%? In a situation like that, it's not worth bothering with beginner.

Upvote 0
Eh, you could argue that the slower movement speed would give you more time to aim, meaning that more of your kills would be headshots. I reckon for newer players who have like a 50% headshot chance on beginner and a 25% headshot chance on Normal, it'd be worth it.

There's also another thing that makes beginner a very poor choice for leveling - trader time. At 90 seconds, every long game has an extra 5 minutes of you doing a whole lot of standing around and not progressing any perks.

Upvote 0
There's also another thing that makes beginner a very poor choice for leveling - trader time. At 90 seconds, every long game has an extra 5 minutes of you doing a whole lot of standing around and not progressing any perks.

some people suggested a "end trader" voting option, I think that would be a great addition.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
One change I've noticed on filths cross is that one of the more popular camp spots doesn't work any more. The room that is attached to the purple/blue stairwell room where you would weld the door and camp the room while avoiding going too close to the door. The specimens now go directly for the door rather than coming up the stairs- even if you go stand at the top of the stairwell. I'll post a screenshot of what I'm talking about later when I have access to my pc. Has anyone noticed any other subtle map changes?

Yeah someone else said that too. And no I havent come across anyother minor changes in the other maps that were fixed. =/

Upvote 0