• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-TheHiveV3

I would like to see the beginning for The Hive V2, but with no zombies. Make it scary like the first one. And, of course, the train. Player checkpoints are very good, but pretty buggy. Your choice of putting those in there.

Some more stuff:

More guns in the spawn room (mansion)

At the end make it be a hospital, then Raccoon City (like RE: Apcylopase or however you spell it)

Do NOT upload to filefront/gamefront

AI bots in Raccoon City

Helicopters flying over Raccoon City as you fight zeds

Make mutators work in this one, because I like fighting slow zeds like the movies. (clots)

And make the map look good.

Just sayn'.

It sounds like your just making a huge list of what to do, almost like your giving instructions rather than suggestions.

Reactions: Olivier and J.D.*
Upvote 0
YouTube - Killing Floor Resident Evil Map (part 1 of 4)

I got your message on my youtube video playthrough of the previous version. I can't wait to play it! :D.

Suggestions:

-Make certain objectives a little more obvious. In the version I played we had a hard time figuring out what to do in some cases. For example, if you didn't see the movie, after you entered to code in wrong a bunch of times (that was also something they needed to know) then they would have to know to run back to the queen. There was some red text that briefly stated this, but there was also a time limit before the doors closed and then the player would have to restart.

IMO, a better way would have been to keep an objective menu some where on the screen then when the players passed the door you could have triggered it to close. I'm not a mapper so I don't know what you can and can't do, but that's just what I experienced. The only other part we got stuck on was the end. It was not clear to us that we had to go outside and finish it.

-I agree that there should be more weapons in the starting room. I also think there should be a bit more guns thrown through the level. Maybe this can vary with difficulty or something, but IMO, it was a bit too scarce and you can see in the video we ended up running out of ammo.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I'm looking forward to playing the next version and I wish you the best of luck! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome Kicker, you make amazing maps dude, really fun i got all my friends on steam playing your hive levels, lol we cant beat the first one yet even on normal. the reason is becuase one of us kills our self by accident with grenades or someone runs off lol, we did get to the end but get wrecked since it was just 3 of us left. Very challanging love it

Upvote 0
I looked at the screenies

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Hay KiCkeR can I use your The Hive V2 & V1 Static Meshes? I'm thinking of building a Raccoon City.

I don't see this being a problem. As long as the static mesh creators are mentioned in a credits system.

What statics are you planning on using? I can let you know who was the author then.

Those screenies are pants compared to what I have planned :D
Just simple development screenshots to let you know the progress on how its going.

I wish I could add a poll with the name for the map. That would be cool if a admin could make that happen :D

Upvote 0
I don't see this being a problem. As long as the static mesh creators are mentioned in a credits system.

What statics are you planning on using? I can let you know who was the author then.

Just the Umbrella Corporation, some wall textures, and some doors.
(I see you also have Snipes V3 Static Meshes I will use those too)

And BTW KiCk3r, how do you add bots to your map? I tried and he ran around, shooting a bus I put on the street.
Not the smartest shank in the bunch (yes I read that book), but they could at least shoot zeds.

EDIT: Nevermind. Copy & Paste from TheHive V2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those screenies are pants compared to what I have planned :D

LOL wut?

Oh, and nevermind about the um static meshes thing, when I try to use yours my SDK crashes due to the massive myLevel package.

And isn't this the Hive from Extinction? Shouldn't it be more like KF-ExtinctHive (lol) or KF-Extinction or KF-TheHiveExtinction?

Just sayn'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0