• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-SpaceportPerdition [Grindhouse Entry]

Vampcinda

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2015

Spaceport Perdition
The Horzine research department has moved their operations into space in order to experiment with zero gravity zeds (ZGZ). Of course things has gone wrong, as usual, and now you have to clean up the mess.

Again.

As usual.

Deet15R.jpg

YouTube Gameplay Video

Imgur album:
http://imgur.com/a/MFS4v

With its narrow corridors mixed and a dark alien-inspired atmosphere, Spaceport Perdition will challenge your maze-navigating skills while blasting grappling zeds around every corner. A very challenging map with many chokepoints and a plethora of weldable doors to better control the onslaught.

I wanted to work more on this map but time for the contest deadline is running out, so reluctantly I have had to wrap it up as it is. Ideally I wanted to add a few extra areas, a heap of additional decorations and do a lot more optimizations both to fps and splattermaps. I would also have liked to better balance the difficulty, as since the current version is very hard according to my solo mode testing. If there's any popularity around the map I might go back and do these things at a later point after the contest has ended.

It has a few free custom textures grabbed from www.textures.com and www.freeimages.com, but is otherwise constructed using the resources from TWI's official maps. Gameplay wise it is very straight-forward with no special features besides a couple of timed security doors that open (another feature I wanted to work more on if time had allowed it)

The whole map also has destructible lights and non-destructible ambient lights. This means after a while most lights will be smashed (especially by sirens), significantly darkening the map, but most areas still remain dimly lit so as not to blanket the whole spaceport in total blackness.

Map size: Roughly the same as Biotics Lab (perhaps slightly larger)
File size: 87 MB
Difficulty: Pretty darn hard...
Lighting: Destructible and ambient
Trader pods: 4
Version: 1a Hotfix (February 24, 2016) - Fixed two critical path errors that caused some zeds to get stuck in certain doorways (Thanks to NightAngel and co. for reporting!)

Additional credit goes to Seanchaoz who has helped me a lot with ideas, layout, playtesting and kismet.

Last edited:
Thank you Sheeps!

And also thank you for the video review, Scarbeus!

You bring up a lot of good points, especially about the lighting - it was something I wanted to work more on but with 2 days left before deadline, and at least 7 hours of pre-computed visibility to do I had finish things up as they were. Also the zed getting stuck made me sad, ugh I had hoped that wouldn't happen :( was it the version 1a you played in the video?

And the ammo pickup that didn't work was a good find also... I will definitely look over your video again for getting things fixed so thanks a ton for that :)

Upvote 0