• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF is not a co-op game anymore

The KF1 Scrake actually had no explosive resistance. 'Efficient use of stun and flinch mechanics' lol. That's dressing up what was a blatant exploit. FP in this game is a huge improvement. 'Randomly raging' is massively preferable to being able to kite FPs (and every other zed in the game) for literal hours if it came down to it.

Let's not pretend the zeds in KF1 were anything but incredibly simple at best.

So much this, holy **** this was a /thread post dude. I can't believe people are saying that the random raging is a bad thing. Randomness in the games makes them fun because something unexpected happens every now and then which often causes lulz and stuff. In KF1 every FP fight goes exactly the same because you know the "pattern".

Upvote 0
Randomness doesnt help when you have a giant behemoth that doesnt stop. It's a juggernaut. At least with Scrakes we know the pattern. With Fleshpounds anything sets them off.

Behemoth that doesn't stop? He hits you once or doesn't see you for about 30 seconds. Then he stops.

How to make a fleshpound rage in KF2: Deal large amounts of damage or stay in line of sight for a long period of time.

Why do people want what is literally a man with gigantic rage injectors bolted to him to be incredibly predictable in the first place? We're playing a game, not a spreadsheet with a bunch of stat blocks on it, jeez.

Upvote 0
Behemoth that doesn't stop? He hits you once or doesn't see you for about 30 seconds. Then he stops.

How to make a fleshpound rage in KF2: Deal large amounts of damage or stay in line of sight for a long period of time.

Why do people want what is literally a man with gigantic rage injectors bolted to him to be incredibly predictable in the first place? We're playing a game, not a spreadsheet with a bunch of stat blocks on it, jeez.

Games are fun because they have this thing called 'mechanics.' Mechanics need to be well thought out to make a good game.

If stalkers randomly 1shot you it wouldn't make the game fun.

And on topic: KF2 is definitely a co-op game. Too much of one to be honest. Individual perks feel like they're shooting wet noodles at zeds which doesn't make for a very fun experience.

Upvote 0
I think the problem comes from both the community and the game itself... Everything you said is ,indeed (and sadly) very true , but you can't deny that most people are playing as lone wolves simply because they don't get what the point of killing floor is. I absolutely get trashed in suicidal and hell on earth because I'm often the only one trying to play correctly and when I need some backup well...there's nobody. I think that Tripwire managed to widen the game's audience fairly well,but the problem being that unlike KF vets,they know nothing about the game...

In fact,since the release of the beta,I've been mostly playing in solo games because I can't find proper teammates in pubs (and I don't have any friends to play with...so sad) . Hell, even right this afternoon I played three matches and only got one teammates who knew what to do (needless to say,we often were the last two standing)

I'm actually also trying to get some decent HoE players. Add me on Steam if you want. Same name as here

Upvote 0
1. He hits you once or doesn't see you for about 30 seconds. Then he stops.

2. How to make a fleshpound rage in KF2: Deal large amounts of damage or stay in line of sight for a long period of time.

1. Incorrect, only succesfully hitting something or being disrupted by EMP will stop his rage.

2. Incorrect. You either deal 276 damage or if he gets frustrated, which happens every 10-14 seconds while being calm.

He will rage even if he has no LoS over anyone as long as he has seen someone once. Just so that he can catch up with the group and hit someone.

EDIT: Apparnetly he does have a 30 sec duration for the rage as long as he sees nobody. This is however pointless since there is no ****ing way that a raged FP fails to reach players within 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 30 seconds line of sight, I think, is technically true.

The practicality of it isn't so special though - there's almost never a time when you can get more than 30 seconds away from a Fleshpound between rages of 10 to 14 seconds.

However, I'm told there's a mechanic whereby welding doors will satisfy the requirements for a genuine "hit" that disengages FP rage. Whilst the general sentiment amongst players is that welding is useless... if this holds true [which I'm about to check offline for ****s and giggles] it'll grant a lot more utility to welding than previously thought.

Upvote 0
However, I'm told there's a mechanic whereby welding doors will satisfy the requirements for a genuine "hit" that disengages FP rage.

As long as he succesfully hits something he will calm down, unless the factors for him to rage are met again.

However trying to weld a door on FP is risky and pointless since you won't get enough time to prepare for his next arrival anyways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fleshpounds in KF2 are anything but random. If anything they are a little simpler in their AI then KF1 fleshpounds.

As soon as they spawn Fleshpounds start a rage timer. This timer is between 14-20 seconds.

1. If the FP attacks something, it's rage timer is reset.
2. If the FP is damaged significantly, it immediately rages.

Once raged, only two things will cause it to stop raging.

1. 30 seconds pass
2. The FP hits something.

Like all zeds, once there are less than 6 remaining opponents, FPs will immediately rage.

---

As for combos, there are plenty of multi-teammate combos for FPs. Generally you need two people to take then down.

Known combos:

Berserker + Medic
-Berserker tanks/parries hits and stunlocks with Smash.
-Medic heals the zerker and stumbles with leg hits.

Berserker + Support/Commando/Gunslinger
-Berserker hits the FP with two EMP grenades.
-The high-damage ballistic perk decapitates the FP while it is stunned.

Demolitions + Any perk with a melee weapon
-The melee user parries the FP's attacks/stumbles the FP.
-The demo unloads. RPG > C4 > Grenade stun > C4 (This has the added effect of killing anything else in the blast radius.)

Demolitions + Firebug
-The firebug uses heat wave and alt-fire on his MWG to keep the FP at bay
-The demo unloads. RPG > C4 > Grenade > C4 (This has the added effect of killing anything else in the blast radius.)

Upvote 0
Berserker + Support/Commando/Gunslinger
-Berserker hits the FP with two EMP grenades.
-The high-damage ballistic perk decapitates the FP while it is stunned.
Whilst the two EMP grenades will temporarily halt FP rage, any amount of damage that would normally exceed the rage threshold will exit the EMP animation. In short, this doesn't work the way you describe it.

Demolitions + Any perk with a melee weapon
-The melee user parries the FP's attacks/stumbles the FP.
-The demo unloads. RPG > C4 > Grenade stun > C4 (This has the added effect of killing anything else in the blast radius.)
If you're going to have a melee user, it may as well be a Berserker with a Pulverizer - they can usually get 2 - 3 explosive ammo shots in during the FP's stun animation. This is worth [at 25 level Berserker] almost 2 RPGs worth of damage.

Demolitions + Firebug
-The firebug uses heat wave and alt-fire on his MWG to keep the FP at bay
-The demo unloads. RPG > C4 > Grenade > C4 (This has the added effect of killing anything else in the blast radius.)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you haven't alt-fired the MWG on a FP too many times during an online match.

Upvote 0
People who aren't maxed are always going to do things they're not supposed to as that class to get the exp they need. People get better at the game after they hit 25 generally, because most until then just play low difficulties or do the wrong things to get exp, and once they're all maxed they think "alright, now how am I gunna consistantly win the game...".

Gunslinger is almost a jack of all trades aside from the fact that he can't kill FPs that effectively. Excellent trash killer (1 shots all small zeds with m9s; no bleedout time), great at cleaning up medium zeds (magnum 1 shots all medium zeds to the head with no bleedout time on all difficulties), and great at helping for large zeds/solo killing scrakes(up to around suicidal, then it's best to fight scrakes with 2 or 3 people). The lv 20 knockdown perk is crazy good for taking out large zeds by giving you plenty of time to reload after you expended your ammo on 1 or 2 dual pistols on them. Dual m9s are better at killing small zeds than the SCAR as it kills in the same amount of shots, has faster reload with canceling, and you can double headshot with the penetration perk.

Upvote 0