• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF KF in Steam Cards

I hope this steam card's thing will never stick. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me for saying. I just think it's a waste of energy and another way to get more money as if DOTA 2 and TF2 didn't already have enough micro-transactions. Most of us don't mind DLC. But when you charge for things like this... Yeah, Steam cards is pretty freaking mundane and pointless.

Please do not encourage Valve or anyone. Go collect real trading cards as those have value to them much later in life over virtual things that give you upgrades you should already be getting for even using the service.. Years of service for what? More gimmicks? Just give me HL3 or EP3 already. As I have no clue why I brought so many things on such a service, other than the fact there is no more physical distribution without steam sticking it's Cheeto fingers into things..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope this steam card's thing will never stick. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me for saying. I just think it's a waste of energy and another way to get more money as if DOTA 2 and TF2 didn't already have enough micro-transactions. Most of us don't mind DLC. But when you charge for things like this... Yeah, Steam cards is pretty freaking mundane and pointless.

Please do not encourage Valve or anyone. Go collect real trading cards as those have value to them much later in life over virtual things that give you upgrades you should already be getting for even using the service.. Years of service for what? More gimmicks? Just give me HL3 or EP3 already. As I have no clue why I brought so many things on such a service, other than the fact there is no more physical distribution without steam sticking it's Cheeto fingers into things..
Normally I would agree with everything you just said and for the most part I do. However the only thing that I differ from is this -
lzZhOih.png

That is all from selling the stupid, mundane stuff from the steam trading cards and a bunch of old TF2 stuff. Yes valve gets money from it (miniscule 5%), but YOU get money from it too. I don't give half a crap about the trading cards except for the fact they provide some income to more or less buy me a game. Besides, the good things that come out of it are the profile backgrounds that you can show off. Why wouldn't you want to show off a KF background?

Upvote 0
Normally I would agree with everything you just said and for the most part I do. However the only thing that I differ from is this -
lzZhOih.png

That is all from selling the stupid, mundane stuff from the steam trading cards and a bunch of old TF2 stuff. Yes valve gets money from it (miniscule 5%), but YOU get money from it too. I don't give half a crap about the trading cards except for the fact they provide some income to more or less buy me a game. Besides, the good things that come out of it are the profile backgrounds that you can show off. Why wouldn't you want to show off a KF background?

The price isn't fixed, and if it ever does get off the ground. Your gonna find yourself making no money off of it. Savor what you got now, because that's likely the most your gonna make. (Just like metal on the tf2 market, the stuff keeps dropping in price, making efforts to trade and sell much worse because some individuals farm it to death.)

Upvote 0