• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-BioHazard ( Remastered )

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk

poster1s.jpg

With the new injection of both official and user made content I have taken it upon myself to Remaster KF-BioHazard.

Changelist:

Added new outside yard section
Added 4th trader
Reworked underground system.
Reworked textures
Reworked lighting
Reworked pathing
Reworked spawns
Updated deco
Increased optimization

snap7we.jpg
snap5n.jpg

This is the first of my maps to be dragged forward but I intend to fully rework all my projects, more to incorporate my learnings than to pimp them up, that being said in for a penny in for a pound and as i find a lot of the new content relevant to my concepts it seems only natural to incorporate them into further builds.

Had alot of fun with this one, been great going back to the start and looking with a keener eye. Hope you guys enjoy the changes.

snap1at.jpg
snap2wl.jpg

snap3.jpg
snap4gs.jpg

I have thrown this back to beta for the sole reason of testing the newer changes so fire away troopers!

Name: KF-Biohazard-RV1

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/14858599/KF-Biohazard-Rv1.zip

Credits: TWI, Damien "DamDam" LAURENT( for statics,textures from waterworks package ), CGTextures.

I would just like to thank you TWI for your constant support of KF and also you guys here in the community for more than just support, friendship and making the journey back worth it.

Filthy.

Special mention to Gusone and Dexxy for helping me brush up.

Last edited:
Hey man i gotta say i really didn't expect this. I've become a fan of your maps and i've been really impressed with what you did to dark roads but the one thing thats always remained is how much i HATE Biohazard.

I disliked most of the layout and the fact that everyone ALWAYS went to that one corner by the trader and just camped it. It's always been a popular map since the very begining however i've always just looked at it as a perk leveling map and refused to play it even when everyone else votes to play it.

But today all that hatred goes away :eek: I've been running around really enjoying the new look AND the new outdoor sections. What you've done to this map is a true miracle and i'm more than impressed with it.

I have no idea how many hours you pour into your maps but your skills and abilities have definately grown and it shows more in this map than any other :D.

But i think what i like best about your maps is the fact that you keep the original dirty grungy feel that the mod KF is all about, something that TW have moved away from and give the community a real choice when it comes to playing different kinds of maps.

This one definately goes on my 5 star list :cool:. Thanks for all your hard work man and i look forward to all your future releases.

Upvote 0
Cheers 25,

Yeah enjoyed going over this one, and happy you get on with it now but why did you not give me a shout as to the way you found prior versions? you know i only dont bite in bed! :) and i am sure i could of given you a better ride :p

"you keep the original dirty grungy feel" I have 4 kids so it comes natural :eek:

"I have no idea how many hours you pour into your maps" Night time is dads time !!! lol

Cheers trooper

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great fun. A world of pain @ 70%FF. One tends to either get wiped out in level 2 or the team manages to grind their way to level 6 and then wipe. And they say the big guns are over powered... all I see are dead players.

Looks great and much bigger and I love the reworked basement where the cells were/ are. It's not pretty if you decide to dig in down there in those tight corridors but dam its intense.

Upvote 0
JEmmaB, Hope you enjoy :)

havoc, Thanks for that and yup I am aware of the close spawning from behind the truck, they just love it for some reason, its just a matter of increasing the spawn distance.

gusone, well well well 70% you boys have defenitly upped the anti. "And they say the big guns are over powered... all I see are dead players" now you see what i mean by level7 compatible. lmao.

Cheers all Filthy.

Upvote 0