• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1041 Opt-In Beta Is Now Available

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    You can now opt into the Preview branch of Killing Floor 2 on Steam to check out the upcoming perk SWAT along with many other changes. The WIP changelog will be posted shortly.

For Clients:
    Navigate to the game Proprieties page, Betas tab, opt into ' preview- ' selection from the drop down.

For server admins please use -beta preview as your branch flag.

Reactions: Atlaimond
    M1_Account;n2266243 said:
    Sorry to start off negative, but since switching to beta several actions, like reloading and bash, don't work. I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it yet so it might just be on my end, but I've tried several things.

Did you have custom key bindings for those actions? Often major updates will reset bindings.

Upvote 0
    Lorkenpeist;n2266257 said:
    Did you have custom key bindings for those actions? Often major updates will reset bindings.

For bash yes, but not reloading. I tried swapping bindings and it did nothing. I also found that grenades don't work either. I decided to post in the bug report forum if anyone who may be experiencing the same problem.wants to keep an eye there.

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2266212 said:
    You can now opt into the Preview branch of Killing Floor 2 on Steam to check out the upcoming perk SWAT along with many other changes. The WIP changelog will be posted shortly.

For Clients:
    Navigate to the game Proprieties page, Betas tab, opt into ' preview- ' selection from the drop down.

For server admins please use -beta preview as your branch flag.

Yoshiro

Is it possible that you guys forgot to update the zerkers lvl 15 Skill description? Just wondering..

"
    LvL15 Parry
    • Parry an attack will now reduce incoming damage an additional 75% on top of weapons base parry resistance."

It says nothing about this in the skill description.

Upvote 0
    Domi_y0;n2266262 said:
    Yoshiro

Is it possible that you guys forgot to update the zerkers lvl 15 Skill description? Just wondering..

"
    LvL15 Parry
    • Parry an attack will now reduce incoming damage an additional 75% on top of weapons base parry resistance."

It says nothing about this in the skill description.

its now 40%, what makes 100% damage mitigation.

Upvote 0
    Don't think I saw it in the change notes but I noticed the Patriarch can shoot while moving now, a nice unexpected little addition. Very nice update, also it's good to see the crawlers and stalkers moving much quicker now on the higher difficulties.. breaks up the pattern of them all coming in groups too.

Only tried solo suicidal and there was a couple of times where I almost got my ass handed to me, but it seems very good so far.

Upvote 0
    Yeah it seems easier in general but then again maybe that's the solo multipliers, not sure what they meant exactly but that felt a bit easier. Got to final wave on HoE solo as Firebug without much effort! Using the DoT tree as well, that seems to be a bit of a monster tree! I will say though that the slow would make more sense in the left tree as the right tree seems to support "here and now" type damage, even though it's not the damage tree. All I'm saying is the slow would probably be better used with Napalm or BBQ to go with the duration, if that's really the route it has to go. Ground Fires should make actual ground fires last longer rather than slow enemies in it (like Flarotov did). I'll probably add to this in the Firebug thread after a bit more playing.

The composition of waves and the ability to dodge/block is keeping up with it though, the dodge/block stuff is great as I always felt they just attacked linearly without thought, this adds something that was needed. Picking up just a flamethrower only to have the wave throw 3+ Husks at me was a fun surprise to say the least!

Can I also just say that the thick smoke effects you've added to the flamethrower are really nice, decent improvement! If I had one bit of feedback about it though it'd be that the "speed" of the fire animation is the same (Feels kinda choppy or fast-moving, like it's one of the 200fps guns or something. The fire dances too fast and I feel the naked eye misses a fair bit of it). Was a fantastic surprise in this update though and I'd say the fire is halfway along to becoming like Rising Storm!

I would keep going but I've just realised this probably isn't the place eh?

Upvote 0