• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1036 Live Update and Optional Server Update

Not having trouble , persay but having been playing medic they dont feel like trash anymore. Pistol and SMG take way too long to dispatch them.
With the large quantity spawned they just take too many headshot to kill.
They might have designed medics to be weak against them till they can afford a tier3 shotty (my prefered weapon)
But I've seen others have to waste valuable time and resources for a couple Gorefasts.

Like I said that is fine if they are looking to make them more mid tier but in which case the spawn rate should be reduced.

Medic ? Yes, I can understand. What's your loadout ?

So, just to see :
I went medic and use the T1 shotgun off-perk : it was good enough to kill stalker, Husk/Siren and gorefast. It's not expensive and it might give you this extra damage burst in order to deal with middle-tier zed and gorefast. I know people are calling this weapon garbage, but it's not.... Now that we have enough ammo, just shoot even if it's only one zed, and aim for the head of a group of zed.

It weights 6, you can buy it for wave 2, for 200. Keeps your ammo for Gorefast/group of stalker.

After this, when you have a little more monney, just go for the T2 of support : DBS. Only weights 4. Destroy gorefast, siren, husk and stalker/group of crawler. Jump with alt-fire is also pretty good to get away from a Scrake if you have to.

Now, if you want to go back on-perk for the last five waves, just go for the shotgun of medic for 1100. It has 90 ammo and a good rate of fire. Just aim for the head of the gorefast and boom. Body shot is not strong enough to kill gorefast in oneshot.

To sum up : it's true that gorefast might be trouble, but, medic has always had to use off-perk weapon to be able to kill some zeds. T1 from support should be good enough to let you deal with them quickly in the early wave. Hell, people complaining that the T1 of sharpshooter is not good enough with stalker could just buy the shotgun in wave 2.

Shotguns for life :D

Upvote 0
I've been training up sharpie in solo, because I don't play perks under rank 10 in multiplayer because I'm not a monster, so I have been playing alone.

Marksman skill is your friend. All of a sudden, your starting LAR and 9mm are good enough to drop trash fast enough to keep you clear of enemies (assuming you're not standing right next to a corner that enemies are going to spawn around) well enough that you can pretty easily swap to the XBow or Railgun and instantly melt any big zeds that come your way before swapping back to your trash clearing gun and well enough that you should have enough time to reload by the time your clip is empty (especially once you get elite reloads).

I feel like they're starting to get the resistances into a better place, but I'm glad that it seems like they didn't reduce trash enemy's resistance to sharpie's weapons because, as I said before, you're supposed to be getting headshots. And, even if you can't, the LAR with Marksman can get the two body hits really fast, and if you get Sniper or Stability (or both) you can kill trash zeds with a chest hit and that also solves the problem.

The thing is that the problem is only a problem if you both have trouble with fine aim and have rank 0 in Sharpshooter, which makes it seem like that problem...well, isn't actually a problem.

Sorry if I seem like a jerk for being unsympathetic.
For some reason I still can't even kill Slashers in one body hit even with Sniper on. The crouch perk is something that I really don't want to use, if there's anything that keeps you alive it's keeping moving.

And please stop it with the "you must get headshots" thing. Like I said it should be a BONUS to get headshots, not a HANDICAP to HAVE to do it. It's not a basis of a fun perk or game. Two body shots with the LAR to clear nothings is just too much. You know how long it takes to RELOAD that thing?! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I said it should be a BONUS to get headshots, not a HANDICAP to HAVE to do it. It's not a basis of a fun perk or game.
Well, I disagree. That's the way it works for every other perk, but the headshots are Sharpshooter's thing (hence being named Sharpshooter) so I feel it's perfectly reasonable to get handicapped if you can't get any headshots with the sniping perk. That's what Commando is for: similar long effective range but a lot more ammo, more lenient bodyshot damage output, larger magazines and the ease of use that comes with automatic fire modes and reflex sights.

I don't actually use Sniper (I went for Marksman) so I actually only assumed that Sniper would be lethal to Slashers and Clots because there's only a 5% damage difference between Sniper and Stability (which I do use), it's entirely possible they're left with a magic pixel of health left. Alternatively, you didn't read the fine print that says you have to stop moving or Sniper does nothing. That's why I recommend Stability over Sniper, because Marksman is more effective at increasing your damage output (and includes bonus move speed for survivability) and (even though crouch move speed is seriously slow) you can still move while crouched and get Stability's damage bonus.

Upvote 0
Medic ? Yes, I can understand. What's your loadout ?

So, just to see :
I went medic and use the T1 shotgun off-perk : it was good enough to kill stalker, Husk/Siren and gorefast. It's not expensive and it might give you this extra damage burst in order to deal with middle-tier zed and gorefast. I know people are calling this weapon garbage, but it's not.... Now that we have enough ammo, just shoot even if it's only one zed, and aim for the head of a group of zed.

It weights 6, you can buy it for wave 2, for 200. Keeps your ammo for Gorefast/group of stalker.

After this, when you have a little more monney, just go for the T2 of support : DBS. Only weights 4. Destroy gorefast, siren, husk and stalker/group of crawler. Jump with alt-fire is also pretty good to get away from a Scrake if you have to.

Now, if you want to go back on-perk for the last five waves, just go for the shotgun of medic for 1100. It has 90 ammo and a good rate of fire. Just aim for the head of the gorefast and boom. Body shot is not strong enough to kill gorefast in oneshot.

To sum up : it's true that gorefast might be trouble, but, medic has always had to use off-perk weapon to be able to kill some zeds. T1 from support should be good enough to let you deal with them quickly in the early wave. Hell, people complaining that the T1 of sharpshooter is not good enough with stalker could just buy the shotgun in wave 2.

Shotguns for life :D

I'm not looking for loadout advice.

I'm stating the opinion that Gorefasts are too bullet spongy if they are to be considered a trash zed.
Gotten a bit better with the update but not as much as previous.
Either they need lower-mid tier spawn status to fit their new designation or be less bullet spongy and be reverted to trash status.

Upvote 0
I'm not looking for loadout advice.

Yeah, yeah. I get it. Gorefast are too hard for you. But, really, I was just trying to be nice by helping you. I should not have bothered.

Wanna know the truth ? Gorefast are so easy to deal with they are not a problem for anyone. Did you notice anyone complaining about gorefast since this update ? No. People were complaining about stalker/crawler being too tanky. Bloat too.

But, gorefast ? No one.

Why ?
Support destroy them with its T1.
Demo can kill them with its T1.
Sharpshooter can kill them with its T1 (2 shots or 1 headshot).
Firebug can kill them easily with its T1.
Gunslinger/commando can deal with them with ease with their T1.
Berkser : One hard hit from crowel in their head and they are dead.

Now, the only perk which might have a slight problem with Gorefast is medic. Sure, I understand that you were able to headshot them with 1 shot before. But, you should still do pretty good with headshot. SMG can totally stop them in their track. And kill them quickly with headshot.

Now, if you're trying to determine if a zed is too strong by using medic as a reference (which is the perk with the lowest damage output), you are just being silly.

Since this update, as a support, gorefast are so easy to deal with that they are not a threat anymore... Gorefast is trash. As a medic, you should not try to take 4 gorefast on your own with your medic pistol. If you're playing medic, you should admit you are not here to kill everything.

But, hey, just buy this shotgun from support and you'll be okay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would agree that if any trash should be a direct "in your face" problem it's Gorefast, and right now Caulk (with a bit of persistence) can kill them and that specific zed/weapon relationship is in a good place, still relying on heatwave mainly though.

Flamethrower melts them down fairly quickly too, though this I'd expect of any trash faced with a weapon like that, tough guy/invisible lady or not.

Just out of my personal opinion though, Gorefast's ability to be directly annoying trash was one of the things it had going for it. In this update the possibility to have a nemesis trash zed per perk can be a thing, I can imagine Stalkers being hated by SS more than gorefast, so I'd preach a bit of caution before putting gorefast back at the top of the trash pile.

I'm saying it'd be pretty cool to have Gorefasts be the main annoyance of FB, Stalkers be the main annoyance of SS and so on - Not a straight counter like 1035 kinda seemed like, but an annoyance much like how Gorefast has always been.

Upvote 0
I can imagine Stalkers being hated by SS more than gorefast, so I'd preach a bit of caution before putting gorefast back at the top of the trash pile.

Oh you f***ing bet I hate stalkers as SS. On hard they are quite a nuisance because it is so hard to see their head (and it keeps moving) but on suicidal they are my f***ing downfall. I've played about half a dozen suicidals as SS so far and twice I got brutally murdered from behind by a group of stalkers that somebody let through, and they killed me from full health in 2 second. By the time I could even figure out where they were I was already at 20 health and only had time to pull out my rail gun so I wouldn't have to buy a new one. I like how they are a serious annoyance on hard, but suicidal is just a little too much.

Upvote 0
Oh you f***ing bet I hate stalkers as SS. On hard they are quite a nuisance because it is so hard to see their head (and it keeps moving) but on suicidal they are my f***ing downfall. I've played about half a dozen suicidals as SS so far and twice I got brutally murdered from behind by a group of stalkers that somebody let through, and they killed me from full health in 2 second. By the time I could even figure out where they were I was already at 20 health and only had time to pull out my rail gun so I wouldn't have to buy a new one. I like how they are a serious annoyance on hard, but suicidal is just a little too much.

They're what you save your cryo grenades for. Freeze any stalkers that get near you, then blast 'em apart before they can attack.

Upvote 0