• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1036 Live Update and Optional Server Update

Gorefasts are still way too bullet spongy.
For their fast speed , high damage and large and early spawn rate they are over the top.

I'd bet they account for more total damage than any other zed. Might even be the number 1 killer.

I guess you are trying to leave the Clots as trash and shift Gorefasts to more a mid tier , if so you need to tone down the spawn rate a bit.

Upvote 0
we could really need some more zeds at once. I think the number of zeds you can see at once are 32 right? Maybe increase it to 40 or even 45, but the additional zeds should all be trash zeds (so about 8-13 more low tier zeds). Because the game is at the moment not that hard even on hoe.

I think they should first remove resistances on clots/crawlers/stalkers if they're going to spawn more of them. They shouldn't undo the entire system like some people are calling for but it has no place on trash.

Upvote 0
It has an incredibly subtle place on trash! You cannot deny the logic of an M79 grenade going off and hitting a group of trash, some are a bit more likely to survive the blast than others. I mean does that sound like a step backwards or not? Doesn't to me, as long as it isn't as noticeable as it was just before.

The resistances are even smaller now but I gotta say it'd still be cool to notice slight differences in what they can and can't take. This shouldn't be necessary though but very subtle, a bit hard to notice but when you do it's a nice little side-bonus for your perk/weapon type, it should be at that level.

Bigger stuff, I honestly haven't looked at them too much but I plan to! One thing I know for sure is the incap system allows you to stumble knockdown and such a lot more often which leads to some funny/expensive CC methods I've found. Most importantly they can help a SOL player stay alive in a crucial moment but jury's out on whether it's OP.

Upvote 0
This is not good enough. Weak Zeds are still too strong against the Sharpshooter, and it's still too strong against the heavy specimens. And as mentioned before, the stupid Shlashers still take two hits from the lever-action.

Get rid of all the new resistances from clots, cysts, slashers, crawlers, stalkers, bloats, husks and sirens. Get rid of the annoying new stun system as well, it doesn't even look good. That should make the scrake and fleshpound stronger against the sharpshooter as well.

Upvote 0
This is not good enough. Weak Zeds are still too strong against the Sharpshooter, and it's still too strong against the heavy specimens. And as mentioned before, the stupid Shlashers still take two hits from the lever-action.

Get rid of all the new resistances from clots, cysts, slashers, crawlers, stalkers, bloats, husks and sirens. Get rid of the annoying new stun system as well, it doesn't even look good. That should make the scrake and fleshpound stronger against the sharpshooter as well.
Yeah, they take two body hits from the perk that's supposed to be about head hits. I say that's perfectly fine, especially since that "problem" goes away as soon as you either get better at aiming and start getting more headshots or get either of the Sharpshooter's +damage skills. Support is supposed to be the perk for melting trash with meatshots, anyway, maybe Sharpshooter just doesn't fit your playstyle.

I can confirm that it's definitely too strong against big zeds, though. An unranked Sharpshooter is able to melt big zeds uncomfortably easily, and since at max rank you get +25% extra headshot damage and access to +45% general damage from skills (which should stack nicely with that headshot damage) I wouldn't be surprised if a rank 25 Sharpshooter was able to use the railgun to one-shot a six player HoE Scrake while in aimbot mode. This is a problem.

Upvote 0
Gorefast ?
No, they can easily deal with. And if you're having troube with them, just start as a support :D

Not having trouble , persay but having been playing medic they dont feel like trash anymore. Pistol and SMG take way too long to dispatch them.
With the large quantity spawned they just take too many headshot to kill.
They might have designed medics to be weak against them till they can afford a tier3 shotty (my prefered weapon)
But I've seen others have to waste valuable time and resources for a couple Gorefasts.

Like I said that is fine if they are looking to make them more mid tier but in which case the spawn rate should be reduced.

Upvote 0
we could really need some more zeds at once. I think the number of zeds you can see at once are 32 right? Maybe increase it to 40 or even 45, but the additional zeds should all be trash zeds (so about 8-13 more low tier zeds). Because the game is at the moment not that hard even on hoe.

Agreed, they should definitely up the number of zeds allowed to spawn at once. Thinking about it, maybe they could even have the game auto scale so more zeds spawn at once on bigger maps? Would make them less empty, and not as easy. I don't think that's a bad idea tbh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, they take two body hits from the perk that's supposed to be about head hits. I say that's perfectly fine, especially since that "problem" goes away as soon as you either get better at aiming and start getting more headshots or get either of the Sharpshooter's +damage skills. Support is supposed to be the perk for melting trash with meatshots, anyway, maybe Sharpshooter just doesn't fit your playstyle.
Try playing it on your own. You'll get swarmed with trash you can't kill quickly enough, and there's not enough time to aim (or reload).

The reason I'm bringing that up is that perks really shouldn't be HANDICAPPED against certain zeds, they should just be STRONG against certain ones. All classes should be able to fend for themselves against all opponents though. And at the moment it just can't, not well enough.

Upvote 0
Try playing it on your own. You'll get swarmed with trash you can't kill quickly enough, and there's not enough time to aim (or reload).

The reason I'm bringing that up is that perks really shouldn't be HANDICAPPED against certain zeds, they should just be STRONG against certain ones. All classes should be able to fend for themselves against all opponents though. And at the moment it just can't, not well enough.

are you playing solo?
where are your teammates?
they should at least keep the trash zeds away from you, so you can snipe them down.
SS is the strongest perk atm and people complain that hes underwhelming...

Upvote 0
are you playing solo?
where are your teammates?
they should at least keep the trash zeds away from you, so you can snipe them down.
I normally play with friends, but I've been playing solo recently a bit to get a feel of the other side of the sharpshooter. As such, I have no teammates. And that's exactly the point, I wanted to play solo because I wanted no teammates! You shouldn't be dependent on teammates to save your skin every time a certain zed or group of zeds come your way, IT'S JUST NOT FUN.

Rather than trying to handicap people into teamwork, how about trying to make the game rewarding and fun? Don't punish people for picking a class or not headshotting everything, instead reward them in certain situations!

I'm not saying that I want the game to be easier. In fact, I want the game to be much harder! But I don't want it to be harder in this lame, boring, demotivating way! Right now the game is way too serious, and you don't feel empowered playing it, something TWI themselves said was a CORE POINT of the franchise. For a good way of how to achieve difficulty WITHOUT throwing more zeds OR bulletsponging them or handicapping all classes against various zeds with resistances, refer to KF1, it had the difficulty spot on. It didn't even need sprinting enemies to do it!

Upvote 0

I've been training up sharpie in solo, because I don't play perks under rank 10 in multiplayer because I'm not a monster, so I have been playing alone.

Marksman skill is your friend. All of a sudden, your starting LAR and 9mm are good enough to drop trash fast enough to keep you clear of enemies (assuming you're not standing right next to a corner that enemies are going to spawn around) well enough that you can pretty easily swap to the XBow or Railgun and instantly melt any big zeds that come your way before swapping back to your trash clearing gun and well enough that you should have enough time to reload by the time your clip is empty (especially once you get elite reloads).

I feel like they're starting to get the resistances into a better place, but I'm glad that it seems like they didn't reduce trash enemy's resistance to sharpie's weapons because, as I said before, you're supposed to be getting headshots. And, even if you can't, the LAR with Marksman can get the two body hits really fast, and if you get Sniper or Stability (or both) you can kill trash zeds with a chest hit and that also solves the problem.

The thing is that the problem is only a problem if you both have trouble with fine aim and have rank 0 in Sharpshooter, which makes it seem like that problem...well, isn't actually a problem.

Sorry if I seem like a jerk for being unsympathetic.

Upvote 0
Well stuff was lowered I believe with trash wasn't it? Up to a maximum of 1?

Anyway, I'd agree that SS is in a decent place with trash. I've had moments where small non-threatening trash has killed me and times where I've been able to clear a wave solo without even moving. This is how it should be as Ramare says - Headshot based. Other classes should be able to get away without decaps indeed but Sharpie in my eyes is a more advanced perk. It's all about headshots, anyone who takes it into multiplayer is probably confident they can deliver this, and it's this that directly ties into how effective they are. It's a really good way to deal with it I think!

Only downside is the teleporting and such, no longer able to run off and set up a firing line as they are inevitably waiting to spawn right on your position. I do spend a lot of time backpedaling, way more than in the first game! Possibly too much backpedaling.

Upvote 0