• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Key-combo macros.

Key-combo macros.

• Yes.

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • No.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
zigzag.png

Lol. Standard technique...been caught exploiting? Brazen it out and try to make yourself look legit. Psyche 101.

Fools only the ignorant. This thread has dispelled a lot of that ignorance though, hasn't it poppets. Hence all the rage.

Suck it up. :)

Upvote 0
OP you sound like me 10 years ago when I discovered players in UT99 were using single buttons to swap weapons (piped binds) and do 180 degree turns.

Or using macros to lower their mouse sensitivity when using certain weapons.

These sorts of things are facts of gaming, but I don't think they are quite as rampant as you believe. I dislike them just as much as you do, but I believe RO2 is the last place you should have to worry.

I would be very, very surprised if there were an actual macro set up by anyone so they can move a certain way in order to get in close with a bayonet. Why would you bother? You could just as easily set the game up to automatically zoom to a certain degree (or even change it on the fly) with certain weapons.

I think you just saw one unique case of shady gameplay by a certain group, and turned it into a giant crusade.

Upvote 0
OP you sound like me 10 years ago when I discovered players in UT99 were using single buttons to swap weapons (piped binds) and do 180 degree turns.

Or using macros to lower their mouse sensitivity when using certain weapons.

These sorts of things are facts of gaming, but I don't think they are quite as rampant as you believe. I dislike them just as much as you do, but I believe RO2 is the last place you should have to worry.

I would be very, very surprised if there were an actual macro set up by anyone so they can move a certain way in order to get in close with a bayonet. Why would you bother? You could just as easily set the game up to automatically zoom to a certain degree (or even change it on the fly) with certain weapons.

I think you just saw one unique case of shady gameplay by a certain group, and turned it into a giant crusade.

You could be right, but equally you could be wrong. The way I see it, if an honest player sees something that is blatantly bent, like the BS zig-zag bayo-charge, by reading this thread any misconceptions he might have entertained about it being a 'l33t' move are dispelled. It becomes seen for what it is, a poor player compensating for his rage-inducing inadequacy by exploiting a vulnerability (macros) or just gaming the game (using arcade techniques).

Either way this thread wins because it exposes the wannabes for what they are...poor players who need to grief and exploit to look good and hit their score-mark on the board.

We can deal with them though, and they soon get bored and move on anyway. That's why games like CoD and BF are so monumentally successful, they appeal to shiftless kids and young men who lack the grit it takes to master something with honesty and integrity.

Reactions: vyyye
Upvote 0
I wonder whats shady about trying not to die when facing an enemy when you just have fired your last shot? You guys really stand still to be shot or run a straight line?

Here's what you do...instead of putting yourself in a BS situation, like trying to CQC in a house with a long heavy rifle with an 18" bayonet on the end, you play real and behave like a real soldier would behave and avoid such stupidity.

But if you do choose to go in, and find yourself in the inevitable situation of facing somebody who does belong in there, an SMG'er or semi, take your licks like a man and refrain from griefing and exploiting your way out of a situation you totally deserve to be in.

But it's the "Waa waa I want it aaaaall!" arcade mentality, isn't it. The "I'm entitled but won't make the effort to earn it" attitude of too many gamers these days. And when the next new things appears on the shelf they can't wait to trash it.

Griefers and exploiters are just hackers who can't afford to get caught by PB and have to buy a new copy of a game. Exact same mentality. "Can't play fair because I'm rubbish? Grief. Exploit."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, basically you are whining around here, because, unlike the "real soldier" you are trying to be, you failed at nailing a target with your (let me guess: MKB) SMG from 2meters? Seems more like your aiming is flawed than a problem with the game.

Keep digging. :)

G41 actually. And I did hit him, hit-detection fail. Again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.