• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just soloed Icebreaker on Hard...

TrueLolzor

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
As a 3 level Berserker. And won. Finished my Hard Long map acheivement collection. Now onto the suicidal :IS2:

Srsly, Icebreaker is probably the hardest map on the official list, I did it as my last normal acheivement(though not solo), and now I was forced to struggle it on solo hard, because people rarely play it and even more rarely decent people play it(all online icebreaker games I managed to play was ruined by joining zero-one levels or people just like "lol never played this map before" wiping at the like 3-4 wave.

Put all of them in one place(maximum 2). And lure him there, if he's not going though them on his own.
Also, pick very tight apartments for last stand, there'll be like 1-2 doors from which he can come and you can instantly unload your AA12 on him. On hard, he usually dies from first 10 AA12 shells(after being touched by 2-4 pipes). But on suicidal he survives both pipes and 20 AA12 shells somehow.

Upvote 0
As a 3 level Berserker. And won. Finished my Hard Long map acheivement collection. Now onto the suicidal :IS2:

Was this really worth an entire topic in the forums...

A lot of people can do it on HoE too and they dont come bragging in the forums either. And some maps are actually easier on solo.

Upvote 0
The trick with kiting Icebreaker is learning how to have a vertical mindset rather than horizontal. Most maps feature a kite route that is linear and flat (like West London or Farm), whereas with Icebreaker, you have to think about transitioning up and down between decks. If you start on a higher deck level, you can often jump down to the deck below or climb the stairs to the next one up, or simply stay the course on the current level. If you get clever with it, you can kite it fairly easily by deck-jumping. There are just a few narrow corridors to be careful of, and this is often where you'll get caught out, but in my experience it's easier than maps like Offices or Hospital Horrors, where you have to kite enclosed and narrow corridors.

Yeah the kite part is ez but patty is a pita

Upvote 0
um... I soloed icebreaker on 6/5man Hoe wave 7 and 9 where the squad got unlucky with scrake, fleshpound and siren spawn died within the 20-30 first zeds. there I used a level 0 firebug wielding a Lever Action rifle and Axe :)

so using a level 3berserker on hoe solo. shouldn't be a problem

and whats ur name on steam. I begin to get bored playing Hoe. I could help you achieving some of those suicidal ones...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1.suicidal is more forgiving and therefore lets you experiment quite a bit with your equipment.
2. he is bored having no more goals to achieve, and helping a lesser experienced player to achieve something can be tougher than playing with experienced players on higher difficulty.

i guess thats what blockbot meant

Upvote 0
The Patriarch can be quick if you camp the Trader room near the top-center of the ship. There are only two narrow halls and if you place pipes at either end, then unload a double shot from the Hunting Shotgun and a full AA-12 clip, it's pretty much a win.

Pretty much all Patriarch soloing comes down to a few things:

1) Try to find quite a small place with preferably max 2 entrances and put a pipebomb at each entrance. It should not be so small that you can get hurt by your own pipebombs, but also...
2) ...you do NOT want to stay at an open area or a place with a very long hallway, as at longer distances he will be more prone to shoot rockets or stealth-run towards you which is really, really bad when trying to solo him. I see way too many players who choose a very open or long area when they wanna take him down with a Chainsaw Berserker or Support rush. I guess people make the same mistake when trying to solo him. (I personally think he is the one of easiest fights throughout all the waves when soloing him). If you don't make it in time to a good spot, at least make sure to be out of his line of sight as much as possible, until he is at a much more fightable range.
3) Support is pretty much an instant win with AA12+Hunting Shotgun (plus the 2 pipebombs). If you have been soloing the previous ten waves with the Berserker, money should be no problem for all this, not even on HoE.
4) If one or more of the entrances has a door, do NOT weld it. That will just make him shoot rockets at it, destroying your pipebomb at that entrance and propably hurting you massively. You may close the door, but NEVER weld the door.

Upvote 0
1.suicidal is more forgiving and therefore lets you experiment quite a bit with your equipment.
2. he is bored having no more goals to achieve, and helping a lesser experienced player to achieve something can be tougher than playing with experienced players on higher difficulty.

i guess thats what blockbot meant

nope I deffently ment it got bored to use cheats to achieve achievements :p

Upvote 0