• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just Installed and Got This Trying To Run

Guys, did you lot try deleting your ini files?

Go to C:\program files\steam\steamapps\<username>\red orchestra\system

and delete the file redorchestra.ini and user.ini

try again, if you still get the runtime error try deleting the entire redorchestra folder (its only 20mb you don't need to redownload the entire game) BUT SAVE important stuff to you like maps you created etc.

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\<username>\red orchestra\

If both don't work plz zip the file redorchestra.log that is in your C:\program files\steam\steamapps\<username>\red orchestra\system folder.

Upvote 0
Floyd said:
By System Suite 6 Proffessional, do you mean Symantec's or Norton's System Suite?

If so, that is the problem. Norton's does not run with RO. You have to uninstall it. Merely disabling it does not work. Do a search on System Works or Norton. There are numerous threads about this.

If not, post the error that you get....exactly...word for word.

Floyd
Hey Floyd,
I have now uninstalled systemsuite 6 which is made/sold by vcom. It has alot of gui for editing registry links. I like it better than Norton. Anyway I have been deleting various recommended files for the last 36 hours and I just got a different error. I thought I had finally beat the G.D. runtime error but now I get : Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2413 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
Direct3DCreate8 failed.
History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I don't think the no video is it?? I have an Invidia quadro 3450 with the latest 84.26 driver from invidia's site.??? It's seems to be fine other than a few installs ago I had some letters/fonts disengrating???
PLEASE HELP AS I AM GETTING CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!

Upvote 0
:eek: Yours was not the set of programs I was referring to. Sorry. Norton's 2006 System Suite has a problem with Steam/RO.

As yours is a fresh install of the game (with no SDK, etc.), your best hope is to post your latest minidump file and hope that Kamikaze has a chance to look at it. Search around under his name and "minidump" for the detailed instructions on where to find it.

Out of curiosity, what firewall and a/v are you using?

And after any major changes, its also good idea to reboot your computer and restart STEAM again. (Make sure Steam is not loading at Window's startup).

Floyd

Upvote 0
I don't have a BSOD, so I don't think a mini dump occurs, right??

I just get the previously listed error with steam in the background and can easily close/ minimize. Here is my overall situation again, THANKS :

Does not run on my $7000 system. Unstable product tends to reduce widespread sales!! I've had mega-Runtime errors into others now. I ignorantly paid $33 bucks at best buy for this POS!!!!! Very suprising that these problems were not weeded out in beta, also Steam does not seem in any hurry to patch or advise on how to fix??? :mad:

My anti-virus is now gone, I am really desperate to get this damn R.O. running again. I have now uninstalled systemsuite 6 which is made/sold by vcom. It has alot of gui for editing registry links. I like it better than Norton. Anyway, I have been deleting various recommended files for the last 36 hours and I just got a different error. I thought I had finally beat the G.D. runtime error but now I get : Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Direct3DCreate8 failed.
History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I don't think the no video is it?? I have an Invidia quadro 3450 with the latest 84.26 driver from invidia's site.??? It's seems to be fine other than a few installs ago I had some letters/fonts disengrating???
PLEASE HELP AS I AM GETTING CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!:( :(

Upvote 0
as allready sayed in the other thread, a quadro isnt for gaming ( and unless your trying to play RO: O @ work... why do you have a quadro anyway?)
its a vid card for workstations...

btw, who would pay 7000 dollars for gaming PC?
i can build you 3 high end PC's for half that price!

your best bet would be to try a few different videodrivers as the problem is obviously that RO: O cant find a videocard to render your game with.
be sure to uninstall the previous drivers completely (preferably using drivercleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/ )

Upvote 0
peterman2112 said:
Hey Floyd,
I have now uninstalled systemsuite 6 which is made/sold by vcom. It has alot of gui for editing registry links. I like it better than Norton. Anyway I have been deleting various recommended files for the last 36 hours and I just got a different error. I thought I had finally beat the G.D. runtime error but now I get : Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Direct3DCreate8 failed.

PLEASE HELP AS I AM GETTING CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!

Your direct X is corrupted, as a temporarily solution run red orchestra on opengl mode ^^.

Upvote 0