• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

jeeps and planes

/me takes opportunity to bust out old-style pic of RO-Aksay and its Stuka bombings.

Yes, it is possible to create trigger-driven programmed airplanes in RO. These stukas were movers that were synched up with artillery drops and sound actors (including a Stuka siren) to make it appear as if they were bombing. They would hit 1 of 3 random areas when they bombed.

Aksay_b4-0.jpg

Upvote 0
I think it may be best to see how RO:O looks and feel's regarding getting into the action... I dont know what scale some of the maps are at (Kalanin size? Barashka size? Bigger or smaller?) and how moving troops will be handled...

So I think its best to be patient, and once we play the game, we can critique it. And if certain element's are not to snuff for some of us more anal-retentive (not ment as an insult) members, then we can bug the dev's to resolve the problem in a patch/add on... preferably by buying more copies or RO:O... at least I know that would make them more likely to work something out. :D

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
LOL, yeah good old Aksay. Actually, I never found it that good. Everyone running across a frozen lake/river, sliding like in a cartoon, it was too funny to be serious.
How else would you run across ice? Last time I checked Crampons weren't standard issue on the Eastern front. :p

Zell said:
That and it was pretty unbalanced. Only one side having a sniper and all that...
Remember: it was 1 German sniper vs. the Russians having some serious high ground.

It is also a map where you can have pretty much fun blowing tanks with sachtel
Yeah, satchels were fun on there. I think it was also the first map to give the sappers / tankers another option besides SMGs (at least I hadn't seen one yet). I decided to give them Kar98's or Mosin 1938's so they'd stand a chance in the long-range firefights.

Upvote 0