• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jan 11th 2013 RO 2 Patch

Any eta when we will get the next what are we up to? would love to hear whats going on with Rising Storm since it's the new year and what's going on in the future for RO2.

Also do you guys have plans to have the really good maps from the contests (and good maps in the future) to be added officially? It would mean having more servers running custom maps.

Thanks

Heck, I'm having a hard time finding a server that plays Barashka as most here in Australia don't seem to have it in their map rotation.

You will not have to pay for Rising Storm...

When did that change? Last I heard, you will need to pay to get the full expansion, while those who don't will just get a dumbed down / limited version.... which means you'd still end up paying for the full version in the long run.

Ive been out of the loop for a while, I was wondering what the latest information was on troop carriers and the new tanks

The Community is working on those:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=83586

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heck, I'm having a hard time finding a server that plays Barashka as most here in Australia don't seem to have it in their map rotation.

Don't see Barashka too much anywhere and I actually like the new version.

When did that change? Last I heard, you will need to pay to get the full expansion, while those who don't will just get a dumbed down / limited version...

That's how I understand it, although I wouldn't use the words dumbed down :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thats the best joke for a couple of month.
We had Ro1 within all of that stuff, now we getting the piss out with RO2 and have to finish it for our selves, while the "team" is concentrating for the next product.

A joke, nothing more. If it aint so sad, i woul laugh...really.

Please read the first post of the linked thread first, you're completely wrong here.

Upvote 0
Thats the best joke for a couple of month.
We had Ro1 within all of that stuff, now we getting the piss out with RO2 and have to finish it for our selves, while the "team" is concentrating for the next product.

A joke, nothing more. If it aint so sad, i woul laugh...really.

Well I can't argue with that. Yeah this team is getting some direct help with the Devs, but it's still a job that has been passed over to the community, when they themselves should be doing it and leading the charge..... not focusing 95% of their resources on an expansion that I personally don't care to play and doesn't really add anything to RO2.

Either way and regardless of my view on the matter, this stuff is still at least being worked on and might some day make it into the game.

But I'm no longer holding my breath. It'll come when it comes.... I just don't think it will be any time soon.

Big points go to Blitzk.-Bob for keeping the community informed on their progress and responding to people's questions as they come..... gives me a familiar feeling of what TWI used to be like when they were working on ROCA/RO1..... good job.

My only concern is not with the Community Team Blitzk.-Bob has organized or their efforts, but the bottle neck of TWI and whether they will ever get around to bringing some of their work into the game.

I hope they do, because if they don't, it'd be a real pain in the a** and waste of these people's own free time & efforts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They were delayed because our priorities shifted/changed. Right now the RO teams priority is Rising Storm.
So without RS, HoS would be a better game? Am i the only one who thinks this was a pretty crappy shift/change, also making me even more reluctant to buy RS, not to mention the fact that everyone who buys RS gets HoS multiplayer (read: the only part that matters since singleplayer in HoS is crap) for free... While those of us who bought HoS at full price at launch have to pay even more to be able to play RS...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So without RS, HoS would be a better game? Am i the only one who thinks this was a pretty crappy shift/change, also making me even more reluctant to buy RS, not to mention the fact that everyone who buys RS gets HoS multiplayer (read: the only part that matters since singleplayer in HoS is crap) for free... While those of us who bought HoS at full price at launch have to pay even more to be able to play RS...

People who buy RS don't get HOS for free. They are buying RS + HOS together in one package. People who have HOS get limited RS for free, but we can pay a small fee to upgrade.

Upvote 0
Does this mean we won't see any bug fixes before RS is finished?
If so, I hope RS will be finished very soon. I have no interest in RS myself, and would like to see some bugs/gameplay issues with RO2 adressed. People are pointing them out and are waiting for fixes...
(not even talking about content updates. Glad some community members are keeping the game alive with their custom maps and works in progress).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This thread has just turned into bickery but I hope you guys can see why.

I'm not going to go on a long rant, but I just don't see the RO2's team total focus on RS a good thing. They have their own team, the only thing I would expect is technical support. Kind of feel like we're losing contact here guys. Ramm and Wilson barely post here anymore, dev responses are rare and often the same. WWAUTs haven't been seen in ages either, from someone who's lurked since it was announced I have to say that the interaction between us is far and spread thin.

Good luck on your other projects though, new IP and what not.

Upvote 0