• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Jagdpanther Tank For future mod or map

Bezukhov said:
how bout the T-35 or what I call the Land Battleship. even tho it was used up to the battle of moscow it still looks cool 5 turrets

t_35_01.jpg

t_35_02.jpg

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ussr/tanks_heavy/t35.html

Thought that it can be used for break of the strengthened strips. It was very quickly found out that except for propagation (now it name PR), It there is nothing it was not necessary. Them did not try to use at all in winter war. Quite reasonably .

Upvote 0
i would look to increase the number of sides to the roadwheels from what looks like 10 to 14 or at very least to 12.
It seems you have a few tri's up your sleeve so it wont be a prob to do so.

I find large roadwheels, often those that touch track return side on top (like these or the T-34 style) could do with 14, the absence of track return rollers allows more in wheels budget anyway.
med size ( eg - PIII/PIV/KV series ) you can get away with 12, with 10 sides only suitable for v small or obscured wheels IMO.
Nothing wrong with adding more sides than that obviously - your tri count is low already and these are not changes that will complicate or reduce the resolution of your UV map.

Upvote 0
yes the Su100 very good Sp gun but at long range fighting the Jagdpanther is going to be the Nuts. the Gun on the Jagdpanther has fantastic fire power it was the Best Sp gun of world war 2 Nothing will be a problem for it ;) but also the Su100 is a match for most German tanks

yeah of course those are pictures of the early versions of the su 85 - note lack of drum cupola as used on the main run of su85's and later su 100's.
From a modeling point of view it's perhaps not the best looking version and it was somewhat redundant after only a few months when the T34 was upgunned with the 85mm -
never the less this early version will be appearing in the game at some point - as it is needed for specific maps. It's not an immeadiate priority right now though......

su85-1.jpg

Karl you are right about the Su 100 - it was a top class tank destroyer- phaps not jagpanther standards but not too far off.
I'm not really interested in late war tanks so much but if the jagdpanther and king tiger were to make an appearence in ost - the russ could v well do with it added to their arsenal.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yes your right dogbadger :) the Su100 must be in the game, i always make a mistake when i See the Su85 and the Su100 :pi think the Next Russain tank to be made ITS GOT TO BE THE Su100 dont worry about the Su85 :D they already have the t34/85 they must have New toy that packs A punch :cool: http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/jpgs/1-6th-t34-85-3101b.jpghttp://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/jpgs/1-6th-t34-85-3101b.jpg

I am not opposed to making this tank in principal but it would be a long way down the list for me, it's noot from a persiod of the war i'm looking at to be honest- you would be much more likely to see it from someone else.
Asides from the stuff i intend to help others with - my own projects are all tanks I wanted to see in maps i was working on.
The period i am interested in, as far as tanks on the Ostfront goes, is the mid war period from late 42 - early 44.
That's worked out well for me, as the Ahz guys concentrated on early war, and recently CO and Shurek have looked at later stuff.
I have started work and am now commited to work on the vehicles I have chosen (early version su85 included) for these scenarios but it's nice to avoid doing the same work as others - so no-one wastes their efforts and the community gets more variety.

Upvote 0
I am not opposed to making this tank in principal but it would be a long way down the list for me, it's noot from a persiod of the war i'm looking at to be honest- you would be much more likely to see it from someone else.
Asides from the stuff i intend to help others with - my own projects are all tanks I wanted to see in maps i was working on.
The period i am interested in, as far as tanks on the Ostfront goes, is the mid war period from late 42 - early 44.
That's worked out well for me, as the Ahz guys concentrated on early war, and recently CO and Shurek have looked at later stuff.
I have started work and am now commited to work on the vehicles I have chosen (early version su85 included) for these scenarios but it's nice to avoid doing the same work as others - so no-one wastes their efforts and the community gets more variety.
ok fine i just like late war tank fights myself :) i still like every on to get what they wont out of this game ;)

Upvote 0
ok fine i just like late war tank fights myself :) i still like every on to get what they wont out of this game ;)

yeah i do like just abour all afv designs of the war - the su100 being no exception- but i've always been slightly more interested in the to and fro of the mid war period, at least from the point of view of battles and therefore mapping in RO.
However it does mean you miss on a lot of great kit - I prefer the SU-100 to the su-85 obviously on ability but also looks - it just came a little late for my plans.
However I wish the Russians had mounted that D-10 100mm gun on some of the is2 tanks, as was briefly considered before sticking with the more versatile and plentyful 122mm guns/ammo.
Despite what some here have said to the contrary, I have read that the 100mm had a much greater armour piecing capability than the 122mm and taking it as a far less awkward round to load as well, a much faster ROF.
what a tank that would have been...

Upvote 0