• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

It is a recession with all these tech layoffs

Well... That does sound pretty scary indeed. But why such a post on the Tripwire forums of all things?

If you meant to kick up a debate, I'm afraid there's not much to be said as mere gamers. Besides buying games, what else can we do? And even then : that might not be enough, depending on how good a game is selling (or how poorly editors spend their money on)

For Microsoft specifically, I have no crumbs of context, so I'm surely mistaken. But could this come from the large amount of game studios they bought? It felt like they were on a spending frenzy for a little while.

Upvote 0
Part of the problem is that, depending on how one interprets it, you can only discuss it so much without running afoul of the "no politics" forum rules. Politics and economics being as intertwined as they are, that's not an easy line to navigate.

It's not that I don't think the topic is important--it absolutely is--but getting booted from the forums for discussing it isn't exactly something I relish the idea of. That, plus I admit my perspective probably isn't as readily informed as, say, hard facts on how M14 Sharp is objectively the best perk in KF2. 🙃

But suffice it to say I'd have a lot to say on the matter if that wasn't the case.

Upvote 0