• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a chance for people that didn't liked RO1 gonna like RO2?

Seems to have options that make it more accessable to a wider audience. I guess it depends on why they didn't like RO1. If it was due to the setting, the weapons used, etc etc then I'd say no.
If it was due to the pace, and the learning curve, than I'd say ,yes, they might like it.

Hopefully most RO1 players will enjoy it, or are able to set their server up in a configuration that pleases them. And the new blood to the series will enjoy a challenging game.

Upvote 0
I'm really hoping the times of "tank ping pong", tanks with "health" and simplified damage system ("critical damage zones" FFS!) and MG 42 balanced around DP28 are over.
What really made RO obsolete from the day 1 was lack of bullet penetration. No, it didn't ruin the game, but only because it was THAT good. So introduction of such "novelties" may make the playerbase much bigger.

However....
If reload speed, weapon switching speed, moving speeds, stair-running speeds etc. are as fast or faster than in RO, that's simply a step towards COD. If someone didn't like RO1, then he won't like RO2 either. Unfortunately so far the new game seems to lack focus. It's neither realistic nor really "fast paced". Something in between, not exactly appealing to any group with specific taste. But yeah, maybe "casual gamers" are going to like it more.

And you know what people probably really hated in RO1 (at least I did at the start)? That even though it was so "realistic", the key to being a good player was just knowing all the right spots on the maps, cause it's not possible to make battlefield "dynamic" even with modern technology. We fight over the same area for hundreds of times. And new players are totally slaughtered during their first 30-40 hours of gameplay. No matter how good shooter you are, you're going to get shot and shot and shot till you ragequit. You can't really do anything about it, unless you make maps small and cramped like in... COD (in such case everyone knows all maps after few hours of gameplay because there aren't that many "spots")
But it's not a good deal. Making maps smaller may exten the playerbase. But it would make this game much worse in the eyes of many. Cause that would throw out of the window the thing, that made RO unique in the 1st place - big maps that allowed so many paths and different approaches.

Upvote 0
RO2 has got me real excited
but i have been watching RO since before the UT contest
i liked roost but it was a objective based game type that forced classes and favored rifles and campers.

i like TDM running with a smg
and firefight has me really excited aswell as the thought of real support from a game dev.

there are 5 ppl on my friends list that are really watching me to see if i stick with RO2 before the buy into it all and about 20 more after that if those 5 like it so yeah RO2 really has the chance to bring in alot of new players

***edit*** im not much for the extras like leveling up unlocks ect.
and ive been fighting that stupid red dot on a map since cod2
but i think RO2 will get it right this time on tdm .. rotating spawns, maps that change size , and smgs that dont look at the sky after 3 shots, good anti cheat with pb and PBbans, this game has a ton going for it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- weapons which are totally not historical correct (e.g. silenced weapons)
Silenced Nagant is historically correct.

true, it's historically correct to say that they existed, possibly even during the time frame of the battle.....however, is it historically correct to say (with certainty) that they were used during the battle of Stalingrad? with sources sure.....but are there any? :confused:

Is there a chance for people that didn't liked RO1 gonna like RO2? What do you think?

of course there's a chance (in fact, a GREAT chance) that people who didn't like ROOST will like RO2........actually, it's probably more likely to see groups of people who liked ROOST end up not liking RO2

i'm sure the game will be great....i'm also sure that there's going to be things about the game that will have me shaking my head in disbelief. regardless, there's going to be a huge player base for this game, which makes for tons of full servers, a multitude of clans, and most importantly, something besides BOTS to pwn :D

Upvote 0
I hope yes :)

And i think yes. HoS is going to be much more accessible than OST. ;)

Also, i really hope that the game will include an Encyclopedia (as some hystorical RTSs have) because in this way also the casual gamers will know WHY a "X" weapon behaves in a particular way, what are the pro and con ect.

And also simply for knowledge purpose. I cannot imagine how many people, after all this CoD bull****, believe that an MG42 can be used as sniper or that you can run around the battlefield while shooting with PTRS akimbo or that you can jump down from the third floor of a building while sniping with a silenced M240 ect etc......i really feel sad when is created disinformation :(.....and disinformation could lead to "i cannot run with PRTS akimbo--->then---> HoS sucks!1!! i will thell to everyone that this game sucks!!11!one". People MUST understand why HoS is great. :D

Also, it'll be an interesting read for everyone ;)

TBH, I'm worried for those people that that won't, cause It seems those who won't like the new things take the whole thing way too seriously.

This is one of the most pointless and stupid posts that i have ever read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@HellBilly - RO didn't really favor rifles. It favored semi auto rifles. Of course on some maps SMGs aren't the best choice, because in RO MP40 is useless at >40m range (I actually prefer to throw nades at people who are prone or even crouch at that distance - better chance of hitting them), PPsh is quite good up to 80m though. On Zhitomir f.e. SMGs totally dominate the battlefield during fighting over 1st2dn and 3rd objectives.
Now I hope that SMGs will be as good as in DH, and rifles with bullet penetration are going to be really deadly. BTW I also hope for AP ammo for rifles and machineguns.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Tbh if you tried out RO1 and tested it sometime ( played more than 10min) and you didn't like it i also hope you won't like RO2. You ask why ? Because when you suddenly liked RO2 it means something changed gameplay wise and i don't beliebe that would be good for the game since RO1 gameplay was awesome with some minor flaws who gets fixed in RO2 ( MG handling,Sniper handling,better Cover System and so on )

Upvote 0