• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is RO2's whitelist still necessary?

TideX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA
As RO2 is approaching its 4th birthday and TWI has moved onto KF2 do we still need to have this? I know TWI isn't that big a developer yet but the game needs some love, let modders support the game. It's not like ranks are that big an issue anymore anyway, the people who still play this game daily are mostly level 99 and have been for a very long time. Guns still do the same damage regardless of your level. It would be nice to see some more maps and weapons and vehicles being used in public servers because god knows nobody plays unranked.

It worked out pretty well for KF1 when it was dropped and I think it would help revive RO2's dying community.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I would not be at all surprised if they announced a new Red Orchestra within the next year or so. Ostfront was about the same age when RO2 was announced. And it makes sense. Most of the people who will ever buy the game have already bought it, and you have to lower the price if you want to sell a 4 year old game. I think that TW will likely give the game some more love, but only to keep the community going in anticipation for the next game. I hope that RO2 doesnt die as bad as Ostfront did (I remember that at the end, 'danzig 24/7' was the only game in town), but I do see them making another Red Orchestra now that they are basically done KF2.

Mind you, this is all speculation, I just think it seems likely. I just hope that TW gives us back Zhitomir before RO3 (or maybe with RO3)

Upvote 0
but I do see them making another Red Orchestra now that they are basically done KF2.
Have you been playing KF2? The game while very stable and has some perks already, it still has a long way to go. There's still 6? more perks left to do and lots of weapons and maps to create. Even if it was close to being finished, I don't think TWI has the resources to work on two big games at once. It was different with KF1, it was a lot easier to produce content for but RO3 when it gets made is going to be a BIG project.

Upvote 0
There's no public list, but the western front and IOM mod servers show up in the ranked tab, it does help a bit with player count but it doesn't draw many random players as you are insinuating it would. As soon as players have to download something they generally leave.

The download is a barrier (I refer to automatic download like maps and mutators), but the bigger one is needing to change config files like you do for IOM.

Upvote 0