• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is demo class annoying?

Woah, hell no he sure can not.
Not with 1 pull of a trigger and if a teammate is surrounded by gorefasts and crawlies with low health, a grenadespam is just what saves them in most situations, better than any SCAR or M14 will ever be able to do it.

If he's surrounded he deserves to die. And your Grenade will still be unlikely to save him depending on what other specs are closing in (Bloat = gg). Yes the Demoman has a bigger window to save an ally in trouble, but covering him better as a Sharpshooter/Commando because you don't have a very limited amount of ammo would cut out the need to rescue him.

Upvote 0
Yes the Demoman has a bigger window to save an ally in trouble, but covering him better as a Sharpshooter/Commando because you don't have a very limited amount of ammo would cut out the need to rescue him.
Er, perfect world scenarios aside, people get surrounded regularly. The demoman's "bigger window" is better across the board for saving people's asses from getting swarmed. Short of a LAW or an AA12 at point blank range, nothing is going to stop your teammate from taking damage faster than a grenade round. Especially considering shot blocking doesn't mean anything for demoman...where it means everything to commandos and SS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If he's surrounded he deserves to die. And your Grenade will still be unlikely to save him depending on what other specs are closing in (Bloat = gg). Yes the Demoman has a bigger window to save an ally in trouble, but covering him better as a Sharpshooter/Commando because you don't have a very limited amount of ammo would cut out the need to rescue him.

I don't know what game you're playing but I lost count of how many players I saved with a grenade launcher as a medic.
And bloats usually don't surround you, the faster moving stuff like crawlers and stalkers do.
Backpedaling into a clot will get you surrounded in no time too, especially in suicidal but who am I telling this, play the game ffs!

Also 54 grenades are 'limited ammo', how?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a kf-player from the starting days of the KF-mod...

While I found the update pretty cool from the start, I've come to notice the last few days it really kills the intensity of the game...

The demo guys really kill the intensity... It is in fact a spam-weapon... Bam, bam bam... smoke... Smoke vanishes and bam new nades... When U have more demos u just see smoke, nothing more... No way to aim and kill zeds anymore.. Joining the wild spamfiringfest is the only option...Certain maps that were really intense before the update, like doom2 for instance, are now walks in the park on suicidal mode... It doesnt feel like an accomplishment anymore when Pat shows his ugly head...

That demolition class needs to be cut down, but how I'm unsure... I rather see it dissappear completely, but that won't happen... I want the intensity and tension before the update back, hehe...

Upvote 0
I don't know what game you're playing but I lost count of how many players I saved with a grenade launcher as a medic.
And bloats usually don't surround you, the faster moving stuff like crawlers and stalkers do.
Backpedaling into a clot will get you surrounded in no time too, especially in suicidal but who am I telling this, play the game ffs!

Also 54 grenades are 'limited ammo', how?

I never said Bloats surround them. I said the higher enemies won't give a damn about your grenade and will carry on. All it takes is 1 full Bloat Bile and you can kiss your health and armour goodbye, coupled with the likelihood a Gorefast or 4 was part of the blocking.

Yes, the Demoman can save allies later than any other class by making the weak ones explode and the Gorefasts flinch, but you really shouldn't be counting on that...

54 grenades indeed. If you ration them you'll have plenty, but you can't waste them on things like 3 Crawlers about to back attack an ally and still have plenty. Seems like alot if you use them carefully on groups of enemies, but what Demoman ever does that? And when does he get chance to anyway on Core maps.

Upvote 0
I don't find them at all annoying, but that could be as i play as medic and they are brillant as they keep injuring themselves/ or blow up and you get a better weapon.

I just find Bersker's the most annoying as they keep running away & don't let you reheal them, but then some Sharpshooters go off and complain about dieing when you are supporting the rest off the team, as they went soloing.

Upvote 0