• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is Ana the most popular character?

i see every character except for default masterson and briar. to be honest, i find them boring and other characters at least offer some sort of personality while these two seem... very meh to me. i do like the classical versions of them though

They might not stand out but at least they aren't obnoxious. Not to say the other characters always are... but I can only take so much of Foster's griping and money-talk before I feel like socking him one. Or the reverend's pain hollering. Or Tanaka's over-the-top charicature bit. Eesh.

Also I happen to think Masterson looks cool in the white outfit (all the better to cover with blood) with a pair of shades on, while Briar gets to go full-SWAT-guy with the helmet. :D

Upvote 0
They might not stand out but at least they aren't obnoxious. Not to say the other characters always are... but I can only take so much of Foster's griping and money-talk before I feel like socking him one. Or the reverend's pain hollering. Or Tanaka's over-the-top charicature bit. Eesh.
i'd rather have an annoying character than someone that doesn't stand out
foster is so close to being a jew stereotype that i'm sure tripwire will make him say oy vey at some point
tanaka. ugh. what were tripwire thinking? actually, they added steampunk mrs. foster to the game so i guess we should train a lizard to bite them when they think of bad characters

Upvote 0
Ana is the only female character, hence anyone who wants to be female must choose her. This does not make her a popular character necessarily.

that is a very valid point, actually. i didn't think about it too much but i've noticed that when there's a female character added into a game suddenly everyone starts playing as that character. that happened with clover in payday, for example. not so much with bonnie because, well, she's fat

Upvote 0
Tanaka is funny because he's such a cocky bastard. One of the "Help me" commands is "I don't need any help." He talks too much though, as he often tells everyone else. Some kind of slider for battle chatter would be nice. We have normal and minimal, but a middle option called reduced would be nice, especially if it shut the trader up. I don't need 3 mid-way warnings, a prompt to get to the pod, a comment about my weapons or teammates health, a 30 second warning, a 10 second warning, and a shut down prompt every single wave. I'm a god damn professional. Quit naggin' me, woman!

Upvote 0
I think to accurately gauge her popularity, we would need a few new characters- punk people, french people, women people- so she's not the sole representative of all those.

I'd rather see more original characters my good sir. More women is clearly a necessity , but one punk is enough.

(And since French people can't speak English well and the other way around , nope , don't want anymore characters like that... Ana and the Trader are irritating enough)

Upvote 0
I'm happy to see female characters in the game (even if it is only one at the moment), but I cannot stand Ana. Her accent sounds terrible. I'm from an English-speaking country, not a French-speaking one, but every time I hear her lines it takes me back to French 101 and all the horrible pronunciations and accents. I can't imagine it's very popular with the French-speaking players - unless she's voiced by a different person for the French version of the game.

Design-wise, Ana is a cool looking character. I especially like her accessories. But the bad accent ruins it for me.

Upvote 0