• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Sight Accuracy.

Believe me, I play Killing Floor way too much, I can imagine how helpful it is to work in a team and how to aim. Being able to move and stay mobile is my playstyle, and is generally more efficient, so if I see the zerker in front of me is hurt enough to need a medic, I'll tell him to get behind and let me take over until he's in fighting condition again. Same thing if I'm the wounded one, let someone else tank/hold back the mob. Just get behind your teammates, and walk in a straight line towards or away from the medic, or stand still.

...The only time I ever crouch is for the convenience of sharpshooters and demos...

Yet I STILL crouch for your sake. Also, as a medic, you have good damage resistance, so get up front/in the middle and start healing, no need to sit and chat with the sharpshooter in the back of the room until a scrake/FP appears.

Scrakes and Fleshpounds are generally head and shoulders above everyone else, so even if they're surrounded by players you can get a decent shot in. Not only that, but people can stand on the sides, while you stay leftish/middle, in your specific example. Pretty sure the crossbow penetrates players too, for sirens and husks.

Upvote 0
Believe me, I play Killing Floor way too much, I can imagine how helpful it is to work in a team and how to aim. Being able to move and stay mobile is my playstyle, and is generally more efficient, so if I see the zerker in front of me is hurt enough to need a medic, I'll tell him to get behind and let me take over until he's in fighting condition again. Same thing if I'm the wounded one, let someone else tank/hold back the mob. Just get behind your teammates, and walk in a straight line towards or away from the medic, or stand still.
And this is why you are credit to team.

Also, as a medic, you have good damage resistance, so get up front/in the middle and start healing, no need to sit and chat with the sharpshooter in the back of the room until a scrake/FP appears.
Well I wasn't technically at the back of the room... It's just that they were set up in a way that I couldn't get to the front.

o.o.o
.o.o.
..X..

I couldn't get the guy on the top left/middle because it'd hit the two at the back; They werent crouching so...
But, generally I do flee when a Scrake/Fleshpound comes, I know it's a stupid thing but it's a reaction of fear for me. I'll usually run away, but stay next to the person being attacked, Syringing them while they're being hit.
Pretty sure the crossbow penetrates players too, for sirens and husks.
I did not know this. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't know the ironsight aiming reduced random spread, so sorry for any misinformation earlier. I did know about crouching and firing semi-auto, but you didn't really ask about that!

However...if you're firing at close or near point-blank range in single shots or tiny bursts, you'll be doing almost as well with your glu-tack as you would aiming down the sights. Possibly even better, due to not having the iron sights and zoom blocking out peripheral vision.

Iron sights really help for long range shots with weapons that tend to not kill in a single shot, but will "Spread" if you fire bursts, like the Bullpup, AK, SCAR, MP7, and MAC10. Close-range, you can still do amazing with the MP7 or MAC10 without the iron sights, but if you wanna hit anything more than a few feet away, use those sights and fire in short bursts.

Upvote 0
It doesn't increase it its just helps you aim. It always shoots in the center of the screen so if you know where that is you dont have to aim unless your using crossbow of course.

Are you just ignoring the rest of the thread?

But I thought sharpshooter weapons and the mp7m darts didn't have any random spread, which would make the iron sights unnecessary if you had a 'crosshair'.

Try it out with the 9mm, series of quick headshots are much more reliable with sights. Although the dart, I don't think has any spread whatsoever.. usually I jump and move when I'm healing to hit people behind other teammates.

Upvote 0
But I thought sharpshooter weapons and the mp7m darts didn't have any random spread, which would make the iron sights unnecessary if you had a 'crosshair'.
Handcannons are said to be an Sharpshooter weapon and they're not particularly accurate. The rest though...

Also the MP7 dart has no spread. Unless, there was a mod to make an automatic one... but that's silly, so it's always accurate.

Upvote 0
Handcannons are said to be an Sharpshooter weapon and they're not particularly accurate. The rest though...

Also the MP7 dart has no spread. Unless, there was a mod to make an automatic one... but that's silly, so it's always accurate.

Handcannons have zero spread for the first shot. But significant recoil coupled with VERY significant spread if you don't wait at least a second or so after each shot makes spamming them (IE, dual handcannons) have such horrible accuracy that you're not gonna hit much. It's why Dual Handcannons and Dual 9mms are pretty useless at the moment.

Upvote 0