• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

intergrating multiple countries on the same battlefield

well I've been playing mare nostrum for a number of days and recently something came to mind. During the war, there was a lot of collaboration between countries fighting on the same front. For example, British and American troops fighting together. I was wondering if we would be able to integrate these ideas together, so that just maybe we will be having more than just two countries fighting together. You might ask, why is this on the red orchestra forums and not somewhere else? I really feel like once we get every mod out with every country that is gonna be coming, that tripwire should utilize these new ideas and reinforce this game, hopefully increasing the player population and making this game even more of an all-star. Consider the possibilities of having multiple countries, and all of the new ideas we can come up with this. Im not sure if we can actually make an entirely new team due to engine limitations, but maybe throw a few enfield UK riflemen for americans on a american vs. german map, add the new skins, and just imagine the new play experience. Throw back some ideas community!

This game aims to portray combat more or less on platoon/company level. Though because there are multiple spawns for every soldier, actual number of soldiers in the end raises higher than company (depending of number of reinforcements there can be much more soldiers than in a company). But still, the idea is portray sort of small scale combat.

And from there we get to the suggestion. I think it was very rare to see for example Americans and Brits fighting together on company level. Ofcourse they did larger scale operations together, but they did not mix their infantry together. At least not so often, that it would have any meaning.

But American airborne and British tank corps would go fine together, if we ever had Operation Market Garden battles in Darkest Hour-mod.

By the way, Carpathian Crosses is going to have Germans and Romanians fighting side by side in the same map, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the difficult things come when you dont want 2 armies spawn at the exactly same spawns ;)

In that case you hack together a modified version of ROSpawnArea and recycle the code for tank crew spawns to identify it as a spawn for another nationality as well as adding in the variable to identify those nationalities as responding to that value set in the spawn area...

This is all coming from a theoretical standpoint though, and wouldn't really be applicable in normal RO due to the infringement upon a lot of the code that makes the game what it is. A mod, on the other hand, yes.

Upvote 0
This is a good idea. I like it. I'm all for it! If all the mods for this game have that option, and hopefully they will, with the exception of Mare Nostrum, it will be quite unique, I've never seen it in a game before, other than like, Call of Duty 4 single player, when your American and you run into the Brits. :p

Also, someone mentioned about Operation Market Garden, and saying, sorta, that he wants to see it in DH. H'oh yeah! That would be SWEET. Especially with this 2 Countries on 1 Team thing, makes it even sweeter.

Upvote 0