• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interesting weapon ideas

I know this may not fit the idea of KF as it's more of a cultural idea, what about a poisonous blow dart? It's do-able to pretty much like the crossbow but much less damage and the third person animations would be I guess the same as the Hunting Rifle uses which may actually work.

My other idea would be a taser (sorry if this is another idea that was mentioned) where it would stick to the specimen and do a constant damage while attached which can be toggled to let go by the owners will.

I have noticed that "Claws" have been implemented into the KFMod file which is usable but not exactly something they could use i'd say. Maybe we should come up with some sort of "claw" or "knuckle dusters" that will be a decent addition to the melee type.

What you think?

Upvote 0
IDK about a blow dart. I know they're not zombies, but i've always thought of the zeds as impervious to that kind of thing. Unless its like, acid :p Besides that, the pacing of the game makes the implementation wonky for non-medics/zerks because no-one else has the run speed or free time to dart a zed and let it die slowly :p

claws would be funky, but their lack of reach would get you in trouble alot i'd think... unless you could get a "dash" feature for secondary fire - a charge based "ability" that throws you forward 3 meters with a big punch, then you can lay regular blows until its dead and run away. otherwise you'd get sliced and diced by everything (unless these are like, wolverine claws :p )

A taser is another thing where personally, i wonder at the use - minor damage and you stun one zed, but in KF there's usually 6 other zeds and personally, i wouldn't spend the money on it when i could get an shotgun, assault rifle, or even a handcannon and just plain get the kill :/

Upvote 0
IDK about a blow dart. I know they're not zombies, but i've always thought of the zeds as impervious to that kind of thing. Unless its like, acid :p Besides that, the pacing of the game makes the implementation wonky for non-medics/zerks because no-one else has the run speed or free time to dart a zed and let it die slowly :p

claws would be funky, but their lack of reach would get you in trouble alot i'd think... unless you could get a "dash" feature for secondary fire - a charge based "ability" that throws you forward 3 meters with a big punch, then you can lay regular blows until its dead and run away. otherwise you'd get sliced and diced by everything (unless these are like, wolverine claws :p )

A taser is another thing where personally, i wonder at the use - minor damage and you stun one zed, but in KF there's usually 6 other zeds and personally, i wouldn't spend the money on it when i could get an shotgun, assault rifle, or even a handcannon and just plain get the kill :/

I think a cattle prod would be more fun :) watch em glow in the dark heheh

Upvote 0
What do you guys think to an aerosol spray + lighter for the firebug? Something with low range, low ammo capacity, but a low price and weight.
Have you played Dementium 1 or 2? Thats a true survival horror. A lot of there weapons are good for a SH
http://dementium.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Dont worry guys, if you havnt played the 2nd one, its coming out on PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Added your ideas/alterations to the first post. :)

Aerosol spray - alt fire tapes spray nozzle and throws it for a grenade that continuously burns for several seconds. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D

That would be cool. I guess when it lands it spins in a circle (physics being what they are) and burns anything that comes into range. I don't think we currently have anything like that, so it'd be cool.

What about the throwing knives (even though KFL made it already, I still think it could be better) with poison smeared onto it that does damage over a period of time?

I like it, though I'm not sure how you'd indicate to the player that the specimen is taking poison damage. I think it'd be better for the specimen to 'bleed', and you could have a blood spurt coming from it during that time.

Have you played Dementium 1 or 2? Thats a true survival horror. A lot of there weapons are good for a SH
http://dementium.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Dont worry guys, if you havnt played the 2nd one, its coming out on PC.

Thanks for the link, I don't think I've actually heard of that game. I'll check it out. :)

Upvote 0
I like it, though I'm not sure how you'd indicate to the player that the specimen is taking poison damage. I think it'd be better for the specimen to 'bleed', and you could have a blood spurt coming from it during that time.

Good question, but I was thinking maybe something like the specimen's health bar (when you are a Commando) turns green or yellow to indicate poison damage.

Upvote 0