• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interesting weapon ideas

Bow shouldn't be explosive, bow should be fire arrows, for a few reasons - 1) bug doesn't have enough guns, demo has plenty, and really doesn't need any more explosives 2) its more believable. I still like to think of KF as a survival horror game where people just found themselves in this situation and got lucky in finding guns at the traders, and fire arrows lend themselves to that better than arrows with C4 or something :)

Ideas - claymore: unlike the pipe, this can watch an alley and spray a shape charge, good for when you've got a door or 2 that need watching, but not as straight up powerful as the pipe (AKA, its not fleshie protection, but there to clean up those 4 clots that snuck in the back route). Would be tripped by ANYTHING that crossed its path, not like the pipes (They're based on the mobs mass right? gotta total over X before it goes off?).

throwing axes - similar to the bow, they have an arc to em, and you can only carry say, 3 to start and 6 as a max bezerker, idk. but they're fairly powerful, and can be collected. With these the zerker has a ranged attack that fits him, isn't overly powerful due to the skill it would take to throw and the ammo limit, and besides, it would be awesome to play with :D

Also - this would be a big project, but converting each gun and accessory to its own purchasable object so it's universally equippable. Kinda like how each gun in COD can have an RDS, or m203. Might spice up the equipping process, if its at all possible. Would take a crazy amount of work, and a new store layout, but it would be epic.

Upvote 0
Right when I was spending a lot of time trying to figure out the custom characters system, I found a load of things to do with what animation is to be played. I think the files I saw these in was in the Pawn classes and the KFGametype class.

Now my idea was to maybe extend these and make our tweaks to see if we can add a feature to add our own animations by code of a weapon. If I do find some snippets of what I found before, i'll put it up here.

Basics:

Upvote 0
How about a spear or a harpoon gun?

You mean the things I already suggested in the original post? :)

Hey Benjamin, if you do decide to go a head with making any of these please give me a shout. I'd be willing to help out how I can. :)

Thanks, that's kind of you! Though I'm not sure if I'll even give these a shot myself, since I have so many other things on my plate at the moment, but you and others are free to give it a go.

Bow shouldn't be explosive, bow should be fire arrows

Good idea actually, the idea of flaming arrows seems more plausible given the materials available. However, why not simply use a tap of the flamethrower or MAC10 to set enemies alight instead? You'd have to figure out some advantage to using flaming arrows, like perhaps increased burn damage (or some kind of HS burn multiplier if you hit the head with the arrow? I know, I'm obsessed with making a cross-perk weapon).

Ideas - claymore: unlike the pipe, this can watch an alley and spray a shape charge, good for when you've got a door or 2 that need watching, but not as straight up powerful as the pipe (AKA, its not fleshie protection, but there to clean up those 4 clots that snuck in the back route). Would be tripped by ANYTHING that crossed its path, not like the pipes (They're based on the mobs mass right? gotta total over X before it goes off?).

Yes, each specimen has a 'threat' value, and when the combined threat values of all the specimens in the area exceeds a certain limit, it detonates. I like the claymore idea actually, we don't yet have any kind of directional explosives so I think it'd be a nice addition. It'd have to have a different name though, of course.

throwing axes - similar to the bow, they have an arc to em, and you can only carry say, 3 to start and 6 as a max bezerker, idk. but they're fairly powerful, and can be collected. With these the zerker has a ranged attack that fits him, isn't overly powerful due to the skill it would take to throw and the ammo limit, and besides, it would be awesome to play with :D

Not 100% sure on this myself, but I think it could work.

Also - this would be a big project, but converting each gun and accessory to its own purchasable object so it's universally equippable. Kinda like how each gun in COD can have an RDS, or m203. Might spice up the equipping process, if its at all possible. Would take a crazy amount of work, and a new store layout, but it would be epic.

Would be cool, but it'd be a lot of work since you'd have to include animations for each combination of attachments, or modify the existing animations to somehow be compatible. You could go the Deus Ex route and add things like a scope, laser sight, extended mag etc. without changing the model though. Not exactly super realistic when you go to aim with the 9mm and you enter scope mode, but it'd be flexible and shouldn't be too hard to implement. You could just attach actors directly to the gun and not worry about the animations, though it'd look strange when the player's hand goes through the scope when he goes to cock the gun.

Upvote 0
Fire arrows could be Firebug only, or bug could have big bonus. Another idea molotov arrows. Less realistic, but explosive flames are always fun.

As for claymores, you could call them APM (anti-personnel mines) I guess...

Throwing axes would be wonkey, but I think they could be made fairly powerful and the low ammo and skill required would balance it out. the real question is can we get it to work fluidly like a COD throwing knife/tomohawk. If its clunky its instantly gonna lose a lot of its fun :/

as for the last bit... yeah. major project. More an idea i'd love to see in the mythical "KF 2" than a mod heh.

Upvote 0
An AK-12 new version // 2 type.- Extended ammo cartridge , Barrel ammo drum.

65178_45785922_AK-12_2012_02.jpg

+1 if u can deploy it on nearby objects. ( Ro Style )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
whats the point of that tho? I would rather have a true MG (just putting this out there, i still have a quality model of an M249 SAW that needs a texture and anims) than a fake one created with accessories.

Another idea to bring back (its been suggested before) is the revolver shotgun, the rifle style stock with a wheel full of shot. classy and fun to use, and it could have a speed reload to differentiate from the 'combat shotgun'

Upvote 0
Fire arrows could be Firebug only, or bug could have big bonus. Another idea molotov arrows. Less realistic, but explosive flames are always fun.

But still, what advantages would the arrows give over a tap of the flamethrower?

An AK-12 new version // 2 type.- Extended ammo cartridge , Barrel ammo drum.

Is this a troll or did you not read the original post?

Upvote 0