• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Integration of the TankTweak mutator into TWI's RO2 code-base

The thing with bots is they just never feel realistic no matter what, it feels cheap and like playing single player (not specifically referring to RO2). Thats not about how good someone is at programming AI, its just how it always is in every AI ever

Not only that, when I play multi player I want to get killed by humans. I don't see the point of getting killed by an AI, its just not fun and pointless

This a million times!

Upvote 0
Can they have a realistic field of view, ability to miss seeing the target and a delay before they start aiming?

Humans don't always see everything, especially if a target isn't moving, is far away or in a dark area. People don't tend to focus on everything in the screen too, they may concentrate on only a 30 degree angle near where they're looking. They also have a lengthy delay before they start actually aiming, and they have a chance to miss the target

It would be possible to throw a virtual dice and let the outcome decide if the AI will fire or not (will look as if he did see you or not). As a result it will fire at some targets and at some it won't. The distance and target movement can be used to determine which numbers on the dice will be a hit and which won't. It will give a more realistic behavior. Sometimes the AI will file and sometimes not. And if you are far away, then the chance of the AI firing at you will be less than when you are close by.

The thing with bots is they just never feel realistic no matter what, it feels cheap and like playing single player (not specifically referring to RO2). Thats not about how good someone is at programming AI, its just how it always is in every AI ever

Not only that, when I play multi player I want to get killed by humans. I don't see the point of getting killed by an AI, its just not fun and pointless

If I look at the current state of this mutator, then the hull MG and main gun can be completely disabled for the AI. Then the tank-crew AI can not kill you at all. A server admin can configure it that way. If this mutator will get integrated in the RO2 code-base, then I asume that the complete disabling of the tank crew will still be there and a server admin can set it up that way. If you are refering to the infantry AI, well again that's a server setting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be possible to throw a virtual dice and let the outcome decide if the AI will fire or not (will look as if he did see you or not). As a result it will fire at some targets and at some it won't. The distance and target movement can be used to determine which numbers on the dice will be a hit and which won't. It will give a more realistic behavior. Sometimes the AI will file and sometimes not. And if you are far away, then the chance of the AI firing at you will be less than when you are close by.

If I look at the current state of this mutator, then the hull MG and main gun can be completely disabled for the AI. Then the tank-crew AI can not kill you at all. A server admin can configure it that way. If this mutator will get integrated in the RO2 code-base, then I asume that the complete disabling of the tank crew will still be there and a server admin can set it up that way. If you are refering to the infantry AI, well again that's a server setting.

I too hope that that is the case,or why integrate the mutator at all.:IS2:

Upvote 0