• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
insjuly2nd.jpg

One of the best posts so far in their forum ^

Upvote 0
And finally: Holy **** man, you read a whole lot of stuff into a crappy-quality gif-screenshot. I hope you realize that the fundamental flaw you spotted there can be re-created in almost any realism FPS out there, including RO and many others. It's exactly that behaviour that makes me think you people simply don't want to give the mod or its devs a chance.
It's clearly a talent, but doing the same by reading the wrong thing into my post. My negative statement is nothing to do with the mod itself or the development team behind it. It's 100% to do with the crappy engine which is pathetic for multiplayer gaming and which I hope is put out to pasture asap. I lamented at their choice of Source back when they announced it and my views haven't changed in the years since. I mean for christ's sake, Valve still haven't even bothered to fix the false positive bug in their hit detection and they've known that that was a problem since they first brought out CSS!

Upvote 0
http://www.pvtdev.com/INS/INS.gif

I would like to draw your attention firstly to where the gun sight is, then to where the blood from the impact comes from. At that range, it should be deadly accurate. So either there's BF2/CoD 2 level conefire from ironsights (in which case the Ins devs should be ridiculed mercilessly) or the Source engine's so hopeless that it can't even detect hits in the right place. I'm giving the devs the benefit of the doubt and blaming the engine, but feel free to take the other standpoint. I won't argue...

You do realise that this is an animated gif with like 1 frame per second. He obviosuly recorded that ingame with like 30 frames or even more and cut it down so its a small file.
Maybe the pictures where he aimed a bit more right were cut out through this process?

Upvote 0
Topic is 'Insurgency // Modern Infantry Combat // www.insurgencymod.net // INS WILL release in the hour....For... less moderated chat, go to #insrelease //'
* Set by [INS]ET on Mon Jul 02 12:29:45

I won't hold my breath though.

<AndY^INS> Interview in #Insurgency Starting NOW.

Maybe I will, oh well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No one is knows whats going on!
This must be the worst release of a mod ever!
At least i cant remember of a release that was so f*cked up like this one!

I think part of the problem is it seems to be one guy doing most of the important stuff, and the people giving out info can only get it from him and he's been busy. Really sucks though that they couldn't plan better..why were there so many bugs to fix on release day (yesterday)? Seems they didn't really know how much work there was or new bugs were being found all the time. Its been basically 2 hours to download since early afternoon yesterday

Upvote 0