• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inconsistent & horrible ammo pick up rates, especially for Firebug. What's the deal?

TheTCREngineer

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Inconsistent & horrible ammo pick up rates, especially for Firebug. What's the deal?

This was an issue from long ago that has still not been resolved. I'm talking from a balance perspective of course as realism wouldn't matter in this case. I mean, the likely hood of finding a microwave gun thingamajig or a home made flamethrower canister is about the same as finding the exact magazine with the exact amount of ammo with the exact caliber of your gun in every box of the map, looking at you stoner/commando weps/swat weps. I'm pretty sure balancing wouldn't be an issue if that's the case, no? Anyway, it really is an insult when your tier 1 weapon gets half a magazine/canister & your t3/4 ones get 40% of a magazine while other perks have weapons like the Seeker Six getting 2 magazines and the RPG-7 getting 2 rockets. Here is a table I compiled of all ammo pickups with my comments on the side.

b3Ccpho.png

I'd like to hear some thoughts from others on this, no thoughts like "suits the firebugs right, fire spamming newbies should alt + f4 away" please.

Reactions: PainKiller66
As far as firebug weapons are concerned, you get about (or almost) the max ammo of what you would have if you aren't running high capacity mags. Caulk gets 50 without it, and you get 50 from the ammo boxes. The bad part is that the game doesn't balance this when you run higher mags over damage. Getting half a canister for the caulk is bad if aren't running damage. With the flamethrower and probably the mricowave gun, it's the same thing. Fuel points without higher mags, get 75 from a box which is most of the canister. Sadly, you'll need 3 to get a full clip back. If the boxes get balanced to where they give you additional ammo if you run higher mags, then it won't be an issue.

As for the husk cannon, I don't see any problems with getting ammo for it. They increased it from beta from whatever the number it was, and as I've noticed, you get 40 ammo from boxes regardless of what skill you're using. That's one clip with higher mags, two if you're running damage.

Last thing, you forgot the M79. You get 6 grenades per box with that one.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2317384 said:
As far as firebug weapons are concerned, you get about (or almost) the max ammo of what you would have if you aren't running high capacity mags. Caulk gets 50 without it, and you get 50 from the ammo boxes. The bad part is that the game doesn't balance this when you run higher mags over damage. Getting half a canister for the caulk is bad if aren't running damage. With the flamethrower and probably the mricowave gun, it's the same thing. Fuel points without higher mags, get 75 from a box which is most of the canister. Sadly, you'll need 3 to get a full clip back. If the boxes get balanced to where they give you additional ammo if you run higher mags, then it won't be an issue.

As for the husk cannon, I don't see any problems with getting ammo for it. They increased it from beta from whatever the number it was, and as I've noticed, you get 40 ammo from boxes regardless of what skill you're using. That's one clip with higher mags, two if you're running damage.

Last thing, you forgot the M79. You get 6 grenades per box with that one.

I'm going to have to make a big check on Firebug again later on in the future as I currently only stand with giving the Microwave gun and Caulk 'n burn more ammo pickups and making all other pickups consistent. The M79 is 2 nades per box and is included in the all demo weapons tab.

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2317397 said:
I'm going to have to make a big check on Firebug again later on in the future as I currently only stand with giving the Microwave gun and Caulk 'n burn more ammo pickups and making all other pickups consistent. The M79 is 2 nades per box and is included in the all demo weapons tab.
Oh wait. You get 6 if you get it off a support. My mistake.

Upvote 0