• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer if they were left out anyways. Realistic infantry + arcade vehicles is never a good thing, IMO. If they can get semi realistic helicopters (like RO tanks) then that is great, but the problem will always be map size for aircraft. A Huey with M60s/miniguns can essentially reach across most RO sized maps (renders most cover useless due to elevated position). That would not be good for gameplay. Obviously you can go about it the Battlefield way and make things balanced beyond belief, but then the game stops being RO like and starts being Battlefield IMO.

Upvote 0
I'd prefer if they were left out anyways. Realistic infantry + arcade vehicles is never a good thing, IMO. If they can get semi realistic helicopters (like RO tanks) then that is great, but the problem will always be map size for aircraft. A Huey with M60s/miniguns can essentially reach across most RO sized maps (renders most cover useless due to elevated position). That would not be good for gameplay. Obviously you can go about it the Battlefield way and make things balanced beyond belief, but then the game stops being RO like and starts being Battlefield IMO.
The UH-1 in BC2:V was anything but balanced. You can OWN the whole enemy team with 2 experienced gunners without going down even once. I've met 2 randoms who were really good and we formed random crew and together we managed to get 50-70 frags on each person and no deaths on every map with a heli. The bastards never managed to take us down.

Upvote 0
The UH-1 in BC2:V was anything but balanced. You can OWN the whole enemy team with 2 experienced gunners without going down even once. I've met 2 randoms who were really good and we formed random crew and together we managed to get 50-70 frags on each person and no deaths on every map with a heli. The bastards never managed to take us down.

I wouldn't worry, this isn't battlefield, I'm sure if helicopters are added they will be balanced. Like I said earlier, just make them vulnerable to small arms fire. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
Mobile spawn points maybe, the Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" blasting in the speakers or some other appropriate song :D

Talking seriously about the soundtrack for a moment - I'd like to hear some music that hasn't already been used in Vietnam war based media - so no Tour of duty/FMJ/Platoon etc (and by extension, BFV) for me.
It's not as if there isn't a huge amount to choose from.

I don't know what legal issues apply to use in free mods, but Pterodon deal with it well by recording their own original hendrix-inspired guitar piece that served as the main tune for Vietcong. (a game i'm hoping this mod follows in the footsteps of)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.