• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Comrades, that would be super if you register on our forum and write your suggestions here: http://iommod.ucoz.com/forum/7
I created forum specially for sorting posts on ideas/bug reports/ tactic / servers/ etc. Its not comfortable to discuss everything in 1 thread

I singed up, but is there a way to disable captcha for every post?

Upvote 0
I think the best for IOM is to have just one mode. One single setting and everthing will based on it. Options are good especially for some critical questions like zoom, but a lot of options result in a lot of Chaos, too. And for a small mod team i think it's is just easier to work with one basic.

So if you play IOM you will have the same optimized game settings on every server.

Same movement, same handling, same effects.

One of the worst things of RO2 are the many game nodes (classic, realism, action, custom) and ranked and unranked server for me. The player are split. ...

Of course it has some advantages. Without classic i am sure i would have removed RO2 from my pc 2 years ago. And without IOM i wouldn't play RO anymore. Yes, i am sure.

I really trust in the IOM team and their knowlegde and skills. Maybe not everybody will be happy from the beginning, but at the end IOM will create a really good game.

But again in my opinion there should be only one IOM mode. Or better said one opimized mode. Things could be optional, but everybody need to know it then.

Upvote 0
In addition IS zoom, shift zoom, both zooms and no zoom should be optional server settings.

They are.

I think the best for IOM is to have just one mode. One single setting and everthing will based on it. Options are good especially for some critical questions like zoom, but a lot of options result in a lot of Chaos, too. And for a small mod team i think it's is just easier to work with one basic.

So if you play IOM you will have the same optimized game settings on every server.

Same movement, same handling, same effects.

We agree, and had decided to make an "Immersion Mode" at some point. Enabling it would set up the game for the most immersive experience. Disabling it would allow you to configure custom options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I singed up, but is there a way to disable captcha for every post?

Works fine for me too.

We agree, and had decided to make an "Immersion Mode" at some point. Enabling it would set up the game for the most immersive experience. Disabling it would allow you to configure custom options.

Great idea. I'm not sure how this works, but would you be able to tell if a server was running a custom version of IOM vs the stock mode without them telling you?

Upvote 0
GPVaY0Gewr4.jpg

what about this? as name for ger shovel

Upvote 0
just interesting thing..
IOM is the only mod for ro2 that has new weapons, right?
Basically you don't need a mod for new weapons, as we (Eremin and Me) had already new weapons in the game in 2012.
Weapons do not require anything you would consider as a mod (no mutator, no custom mode etc.) not even whitelisting.
Same goes with the ww1 mod Grabenkrieg, it got several weapons in game too.
However I guess IOM is currently the only mod for RO2, so I guess it's the only mod with new weapons right now, yes ;)

Upvote 0